Chapter One - The Magic Unfolds

My story begins six months before my sixteenth birthday also known as my coronation. It was summerafter our freshman year at Auradon Prep. My friends and I were all gathered at my Aunt Evie and UncleDoug's castle. 

"Little Sav" my aunt sang coming out of her design room. "Yes Aunt E?" I said standing up. "I have thefirst few designs ready for your coronation dress" "you do?" I said excitedly. "yes come with" she spokeextending her hand. I squealed as I took it."Such a princess" teased Duke. "Soon to be queen" I said flipping my hair over my shoulder. The three ofthem laughed. I smiled as I turned my attention to the design room. 

I saw a beautiful black ballgown justlike my grandmothers ballgown. "Oh it looks just like my grandmother's minus the color" I smiled."That was the intention, it's a work in progress but we need something that says royal heir but isle ofthe lost" she announced as she talked with her hands. I laughed as I walked over to the dress. As soon asI put it on, I sneezed. I looked in the mirror and my once solid brown hair now had pastel purple ends. 

"Aunt E?" "I'm calling your mother now" I nodded and ran my fingers through my hair."Hey M" she said nervously. "Yeah, could you and Ben and maybe your dad as well get to my castle assoon as you can?" she looked at me "umm no Savannah's fine minus her hair change when she sneezed"she nodded "yeah. See you soon M" she spoke hanging up the phone. 

"In the meantime, let's get you into something more fabulous, black is not your color" "I would agree. Ilove the silhouette but there's no sparkles" "oh my gosh you're such a princess and I love that" we bothlaughed.My aunt handed me an off the shoulder dress that had a navy bodice and gold skirt. I put that on. "muchbetter, thank you" "of course, anything for you little Sav, after all you like to play dress up" I smiled. 

"E?" "In here Mal" I turned and saw my mother and father along with my grandfather Hades. "Holypurple" my grandfather spoke. "Is it bad gramps?" "Of course not my sweet Savannah Rose, just thepurple is a shock" "I'd agree" "so you sneezed and it changed?" "yeah" I sneezed again and now therewas baby blue ends instead of purple. 

My mom laughed."Oh baby, you have magic too" she said taking my hands. "Guess I'm a late bloomer then, rightmomma?" "I think that's exactly it, after all only magic runs on my side" she said pushing my hair back. Inodded. I looked at my father then my grandfather and back to my mom. I sighed. I sneezed again and itwas now gold highlights. "Oh pretty" I laughed. 

"Ben she's all yours, I don't know how someone so girly is mine" she teased. "I think she got all theprincess traits you don't" he laughed kissing her temple. I smiled. I sneezed once more and I was backto fully brunette. "That should be it" spoke Hades. We all nodded.My phone rang. 

"Excuse me" I spoke before running to grab it. I answered it and it was coach. "Hicoach" I said excitedly. "I have good news for you" she spoke calmly. "you do?" "Yes, congratulationscaptain" I squealed. "Thank you so much" "see you in a couple of months" "yes thank you again." I hungup and squealed. 

"Oh what caused that screech" teased my Uncle Jay walking in. "Uncle Jay" I said excitedly going over tohug him. "Hey squirt" he laughed. "So you want tell your favorite uncle and aunt why you squealed?"asked Lonnie peaking out from behind him."First off I will not play favorites with aunts, uncles or my parents only my grandparents and that isgramps" "I knew it" Hades spoke making his hair light up. I laughed. 

"So what is it princess?" asked mydad. "I'm going to be cheer captain" I squealed.Desyiree got up first to hug me. "Congrats Sav, I knew you would" "thanks Des" I smiled. "Seems likeeverything is going your way" teased Charles. "Almost she still doesn't have her prince charming" addedin Duke. "Thanks for the reminder" I said sarcastically. Everyone laughed. 

"I mean is there anyone that I need to keep an eye on" my dad said adjusting his coat. Both my momand I laughed. "Nope, haven't found any guy that I find either interesting or remotely attractive" Ilaughed. "Ouch then what are we?" Charles said dramatically. "In need of a bippidi boppidi boo" I saidflipping my hair over my shoulder. 

"High five" my uncle Jay spoke. I high fived him then hugged him once more. "You'll do great. You're anatural born leader little one" "thank you uncle Jay" I spoke softly. "of course." I looked to my parentsand smiled as my dad walked closer to us. "Well congrats pumpkin" my dad said kissing the top of myhead. "Thank you" I smiled. 

I was on cloud nine. I could already tell my second year at Auradon Prep wasabout to be amazing. However, they were right I did need to find my prince charming or even knight inshining armor because the countdown to find a king candidate was running out of time.However something told me getting a Happily Ever After wouldn't be as easy as it seems. After all I'm half Auradon and half Isle of the Lost.