Alone [TaeMina]

"Jimin, Jimin!"

Jimin turns to Taehyung confuses as his friend says, "Look it's that new girl! I heard she's a ballet prodigy." Jimin glances at the sophomore walking down the halls. He blushes seeing her walk to her locker with her books in her hand.

The two end up staring at her are quickly alarmed once they see a guy make a move on her. Taehyung whispers, "That's a senior. They're hitting on her too."

Jimin stays quiet praying that the guy leaves her alone. The two can't hear what they're saying but they get the idea once the senior gets flustered and walks away as if he was rejected.

Jimin hasn't said a word to Taehyung yet and he couldn't think of any to say. Taehyung asks, "Don't you like her?"

Taehyung wasn't asking for Jimin, he was asking for himself. He knew that everyone had a crush on the new girl and that even Jimin, a guy who's never had a crush in his life, could fall for her too. This was just validation that Jimin didn't like her and a signal if he can go ask her on a date.

Taehyung was quite forward when talking to girls because they were always nice to him. But before every crush he had, there was his best friend. The two promised that a girl would never get between them and Taehyung made sure that never happens.

"Yes."

Taehyung smiles but slowly clenches his fists. He asks, "Really?" Jimin shrugs his shoulder saying, "I don't know. She's really pretty but you know me, I prefer to focus on like more important things. Like school, dancing, and video games."

Taehyung smiles again but Jimin adds, "But, it'll be fun if I get to do those things with someone else." Taehyung tries to keep his smile trying to read Jimin right now. The two rarely spoke about dating or relationships and when they did, it was only about Taehyung.

Jimin glances back at the girl and asks Taehyung, "How about you, do you like her?" Taehyung stays quiet and as he was going to answer, a body bumps into Jimin.

Books fall on the ground and Taehyung was quick to pick them up. Unfortunately, not a single pair of eyes were on him.

He held her books but her eyes only looked at the man who she ran into.

Taehyung stares at Mina as she and Jimin share eye contact. His heart starts to speed up seeing her this close. Taehyung can only stop and think about how her side profile is the most beautiful thing he's ever seen, how her skin looks so soft and fair, and how her eyes draw him in even more.

But at the end of the day, her eyes were on Jimin and Jimin's eyes were on hers as well.

Jimin helps her from the ground and whispers, "I'm sorry." Mina bows her head with a slight blush on her cheeks and runs off. Taehyung calls out, "Wait! Your books!"

Mina waddles back and bows again at Jimin then at Taehyung. She whispers in her small voice, "Thank you." Taehyung's heart stops as her soft voice reaches his ears and her finger brush his as she gets her books.

Taehyung smiles and stares at her with only one thought in his mind.

"I think I like her."

Taehyung suddenly turns to Jimin and realizes that he's been staring at Mina this entire time.

Taehyung and Jimin were Juniors so they had no classes with Mina. The two have grown quiet ever since Jimin revealed to have his first crush.

Jimin was just quiet because he's usually focused on his phone or waiting for Taehyung to speak. Unlike his usual self, Taehyung was extremely quiet.