Chapter 8: Nostalgia

Chapter eight: Nostalgia (Zach's POV)

I was sitting in the principal's office, hearing him ramble on about how inappropriate my actions were, which I admit, they were. But it's not like I actually did anything, all I did was run my mouth. 

I'll never admit that I shouldn't have agreed to her bet, even though I just admitted it. 

My elbow was propped up on the armrest of the chair, my chin was in the palm of my hand and I was staring at the clock above his head. 

I've only been here for five minutes? Are you kidding? 

He stopped his rambling, thank God when there was some chaos outside. I glanced outside from the small window and saw Ellie talking to the lady sitting at the desk. She seemed to be arguing, waving her arms around to emphasize her point. She was standing on her toes, leaning over the desk trying to convince the lady of something I'm guessing. 

I watched and so did principal Withers. She rolled her eyes before running her hand through her hair and then standing still. She looked around before walking over to the door to the principal's office and opening it, rushing inside, closing it behind her. She turned to us and stared. "Hi," she said before walking and sitting in the seat beside mine. 

"Can I help you?" principal Withers asked in confusion. 

"Oh, by all means, continue," she shrugged. I watched her in confusion, my brows creasing and my lips pursing slightly. 

"I'm sorry, were you called to my office?" he asked her. 

"No, but I was involved in the whole Zach and Mrs. George um- situation?" she explained but she seemed to be confused herself. 

"Is that so?" he questioned. 

"No." 

"Yes." We said at the same time. 

"No," I said. 

"Yes," she repeated. 

"No, she wasn't," I huffed, turning to principal Withers. 

"Yes, I was." She kicked my leg under the table. "I told him to do it." 

Is she stupid? 

First of all, she didn't tell me to do it, she seriously didn't, second of all, she wasn't even remotely near getting in trouble, why would she be dumb enough to walk in here and rat herself out for something that she didn't even do. 

"Elaborate, Ms. Hart," he sighed, sitting in his chair. 

"It was a stupid dare, a bet if you will, I didn't think he would actually do it but clearly," she glared at me, "Someone is just too stupid. I'm sorry, I didn't think he would go through with it, and I didn't think a teacher would take him seriously enough to well- slap him," she rambled on and on. 

"Which isn't allowed," I added. 

"Neither is approaching a teacher inappropriately." He gave me a pointed look. 

"It was a bet though, nobody meant any harm," Ellie groaned. This is going to take a while. 

He let me go with a warning. After using up an hour of my time, he let me go with just a warning. If he had me in there for an hour, the least he could do is give me detention or something. That was such a waste of my time.

I even suggested he gave me detention just so the lecture would end but he was determined that what I learned coming out of this situation is what counts, not the consequences. And Ellie? Oh, my God.