Chapter 31: Cuddles

Chapter thirty-one: Cuddles (Ellie's POV)

I got in the car, extremely happy that today was Friday. Two weeks of Zach's suspension were done and he'd be back with us on Monday. This entire week, I hated being at school. He was there in the library waiting for me to drop by every single day. 

The whole week I tried avoiding James but failed miserably because all he seemed to want was to get back together with me. I thought because he knew this week is all he had, he was trying to make the most of it. When Zach comes back next week, I doubt he'll try this hard. 

"Hi," I grinned, turning to face him. 

"Hi," he smiled back at me, leaning his head against the headrest. 

"Kiss," I pouted, puckering my lips. He laughed before leaning forward and placing his lips on mine. He pulled away after a while and started the drive back to the apartment. Once we got there and he parked, he turned off the car and faced me. "Kiss," I puckered up again. 

He pecked my lips, leaving me frowning before looking at me. "Date," he said mockingly. 

"Huh?" I blurted out. 

"Tonight, at eight o'clock. Drive-in movie. It's a date," he shrugged. 

"Y-you're asking me out on a date?" I asked, utterly dumbfounded. 

"Is that a problem?" he smirked. "

No," I shook my head, "No problem." He sighed and faced me. 

"It's not a big deal," he shook his head. 

"I know, I just wasn't expecting it," I replied honestly. I wasn't upset that he asked me out for a date, just surprised. I didn't expect it, especially right now. 

"I love seeing you shocked and surprised, you look so cute," he mumbled while climbing out of the car and running over to my side to get the door. Another habit he's developed over the week. 

"Why are you suddenly all gentleman-y? You never used to open doors for me," I pouted as we headed to the elevator. 

"We weren't exchanging kisses and cuddles then," he shrugged. 

"So, you're only a gentleman when you're into a girl?" I arched an eyebrow at him. 

"I'm polite to all the ladies, right? At least I try to be. But I'm only a gentleman for one," he winked as the elevator doors opened. 

"Hmm, well I like gentleman Zach. He's nicer," I replied. 

"Gentleman Zach can be mean," he shrugged as the doors closed once we stepped inside and he took a few steps closer to me, enough to back me up against the wall. 

I shook my head with a soft chuckle. "Gentleman or not, you're always going to be a troublemaker. You'll always break rules, always charm your way out of situations, always wicked at heart," I giggled. 

"Wicked isn't necessarily evil. I can be nice, but nice is just so..." he trailed off. 

"Boring?" I finished the sentence for him. 

He looked down at me with a smirk. "Boring, that's right. And you wouldn't want to be bored now, would you?" he asked. 

I shook my head slowly in response.

"Good, because I like being evil," he shrugged before taking a step back and standing straight up. 

The guy doesn't always have to be a saint. Sometimes being a little sinful is better. 

"And evil you shall remain," I sighed, pushing myself off the wall as the elevator dinged open and we stepped out, walking to the apartment. 

"You know, to be honest, I don't think you genuinely like gentleman Zach. Maybe occasionally, for a change. But you couldn't be with such a goody-two-shoes. You'd lose the little thrill you have in your life without me," he teased while we went to the room.