Chapter 9: Truth, dare or drink

Chapter nine: Truth, dare or drink (Ellie's POV)

We were sitting around in The Brew, long gone was our lunch and we all were just talking. Mid-conversation, Brett's, and Zach's phones dinged. 

"It's Isaac, there's a party tonight at his place, everyone's invited. You guys wanna go?" Brett asked. 

"Yes." 

"Yes." 

"No." 

"No." 

Ashley and Nathan wanted to go. Zach and I didn't. 

"Spencer, your call," Brett shrugged. 

Everyone turned to him. "Sure," he replied. I glared at him before leaning back with a sigh. 

"It'll be fun, we'll get ready and everything!" Ashley squealed beside me. If I wanted to get ready I would have said yes, but I don't, I just want to go home and take a nap. 

"Okay, we meet at Isaac's at seven then. I'll drive with Ash, we live nearby," Nathan shrugged. 

"I'll ride with Brett then," Spencer said. 

That leaves me with Zach. Surprisingly, I'm not annoyed but that's because it is most logical that Zach and I share a ride, we're neighbors. "You're driving," I stated. 

"I don't get to drink?" he huffed. 

"You don't get drunk anyway," I shrugged. After we made up our plans, we all headed out, the losers paying for the lunch. I was talking to Brett about tonight when Zach called me over. 

"Can we go?" He seemed annoyed. Maybe he's just tired? 

I got in the car and he drove off, driving at an unnecessarily high speed. "Will you slow down?" I asked, shifting in my seat. He slowed down a little but he was still going very fast and way over the limit. 

"Zach, there's-" 

He didn't let me talk. "Can you just let me drive?" he asked through gritted teeth. 

"Yeah, but there's-" 

Nope. He wasn't having. "I know how to drive," he scoffed. 

"That's not what I'm saying, I'm just saying that-" I huffed when a siren followed us. "That there's a cop car behind us," I sighed. 

Zach pulled over with a huff and the cop stepped out and approached him. 

"Are you aware why I've pulled you over?" he asked. 

"Speeding. Idiot," I mumbled the last bit under my breath. 

"If you're going to give me a ticket can you just hurry up and give it? We're in a rush," Zach huffed. 

I facepalmed while my elbow rested on the console. 

"Why? Where are you headed?" the cop questioned. 

I turned to Zach, amused. 

What is he gonna say now? He's just so smart, isn't he? 

"To the hospital," he replied. 

"Why?" He's one nosey cop. 

"We think she's pregnant," he shrugged nonchalantly. 

My eyes fell out of their sockets while I kept my head down. 

"Miss?" the cop turned to me. 

I glanced at Zach, preparing myself to strangle him once we got home. I nodded, "It's true." Zach stared down while chewing on the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing.