Chapter 40: Epilogue

Chapter forty: Epilogue (Ellie's POV)

"Noah, get back here!" I huffed. This child will be the death of me. 

"No," he stomped before continuing to run around the place, around the kitchen counter, hiding from me. 

"Noah, come on. Why do you trouble me like this?" I whined. 

"No!" he yelled. 

"Noah..." I said slowly and warningly. 

"No," he shook his head repeatedly. 

"I'm going to count to three. One... Two..." 

He huffed in defeat, stomping over to me while whining. "Mommy!" he tugged at my shirt. 

"It's just a little bit of medicine Noah. Once your throat is all fine you can have all the popsicles you want. And I'll give you chocolate right after," I said while brushing his hair out of his face before picking him up and hoisting him onto my hip as I seated him on the kitchen counter. 

Are all kids this fussy when it comes to medicine? God knows what I did to my mother. 

"Daddy says you bwibe me," he slurred while I pulled his thumb out of his mouth. He and his dad. I swear it... 

He's still an idiot, just in case you're wondering. 

"It's a reward. You're too young to know what a bribe is, darling," I mumbled before feeding him his cough syrup. 

His nose scrunched up in disgust so I handed him his sipper cup which he chugged down before looking at me with a frown. "Can I go pway?" he asked. 

"No," I shook my head. 

"Why?" he whined, sticking his bottom lip out. 

"You didn't give me a kiss," I folded my arms across my chest. 

He stood up on the counter slowly before kissing my cheek. "Now?" he asked. 

I picked him up and placed him on his feet, standing on the ground. "Off you go," I grinned. He ran, stumbling over his own feet as he reached the backyard where he ran up the steps of the playset before going down the slide, his spiderman figure in his hand. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Hello," he said while I felt arms going around my waist and kisses being peppered onto my neck. 

I turned to face him, turning the stove off. "You told my son I bribe him?!" I exclaimed. 

"No," he said, his hand itching up to his ear. 

Still the same tell. 

"Zach!" I shrieked, smacking his arm with the rag. 

"Well, I bribe our daughter. It's what all parents do, come on," he chuckled, locking his arms around my waist and kissing me to shut me up. Basically. "Speaking of, is Olivia home?" he asked, looking around while loosening his tie. 

"No, she's out with my mom," I replied while he stepped away and rolled up his sleeves to his elbows. 

I love it when he wears his shirts like that. 

"Your mother always steals my daughter on the weekends," he shook his head while Noah came out from the backyard with Spencer. Still single Spencer. I think he's just grown accustomed to being the single one, he quite enjoys it now. 

"Daddy!" Noah yelled while running over to Zach. 

"Hey, spiderman," Zach said while picking him up, holding him on his hip.