Chapter 23: Back again

Chapter twenty-three: Back again (Ellie's POV)

"I didn't tell Isaac anything. He asked me if I'm attracted to you and I said no, is that a problem?" he asked. 

"Why would it be a problem?" I questioned. 

"I don't know, you tell me. Do you want me to be attracted to you?" he smirked. 

"I don't care, it just doesn't make sense for you to make an entire bet to make me fall in love if you're not attracted to me, that's all," I shrugged before going into the bathroom, locking the door behind me so I could shower. 

He is such an idiot. 

The rest of the day we went grocery shopping, all three of us this time and then just hung around the apartment, I've only got two more weeks here, two weeks are already over and it feels weird to think about going back home, it's so much more fun here. I'm always alone back at my house. 

It was now Monday morning and we were at school, heading to the cafeteria for lunch. Like earlier, Zach wasn't here, he went to the back of the building to smoke. It's annoying watching him do that, I don't like smoking or smokers. 

"Ellie, go get Zach," Nathan demanded. 

"I'm not a dog, go get him yourself." I rolled my eyes. 

"He doesn't listen to us, Brett tried calling him on his way here, he'll listen to you, go call him, please? Come on," Spencer pleaded. 

"If you guys enjoy his company so much, why don't you guys hang out with him?" I questioned. 

"Because we will choke to death," Brett replied. 

"Oh, and I won't? I'm immune to cigarette smoke apparently now," I turned to Ashley who was just as amused as I was. 

"Oh, cut it out, just go. Do them a favor," she shrugged at me.

"Traitor," I coughed before standing up and heading back there. "I should wear a mask going out there," I huffed while opening the door to the cafeteria and beginning to walk to the back. 

"Hey!" 

I turned around and saw Isaac jogging over to me. "Hey," I smiled at him. 

"Where are you headed?" he asked. 

"I'm going to grab Zach," I replied. 

"You're going back there?" He seemed surprised. 

"Someone's gotta do it," I shrugged in response.

"Someone he listens to?" he asked knowingly. I nodded while laughing lightly. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out again this weekend? We have a game on Friday, after that maybe?" he questioned. 

"Yeah, sure," I grinned, "Text me when and where?" 

He nodded. "I'll see you around, bye," he smiled before walking back over to his friends and I continued out back grinning like an idiot. 

This is the first time someone has shown any interest in me in a year, before that, Zach never let it happen and after that, James came and went and nobody wanted to get involved. 

I got to the back and swung the door open, pulling my sleeves down and covering my nose. 

Thank God I'm wearing a full-sleeved shirt. 

It wasn't too hot today so I was doing just fine. It was kind of windy. 

I turned to the guy who's name I learned was Cameron. "Round the corner," he nodded. I saluted him with two fingers before squinting, my eyes burning slightly while I walked over there. Just like Jessica's time, he was sitting against the wall.