Chapter 18: Know your worth

Chapter eighteen: Know your worth (Ellie's POV)

"So, what's up with you and Isaac?" Brett asked on the way back to his place. 

"Nothing, he just called me and asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner. Why is this such a big deal?" I asked. 

First Nathan and Zach didn't like it, now Brett doesn't, Ashley was okay with it but she didn't say much, Spencer just said I should do whatever I want. 

"It's not a big deal, it's just out of the blue, don't you think? Where did he even get your number?" he questioned. 

"I don't know where he got my number, Ethan must have given it to him. Yeah, it's a little out of the blue but I am sort of friends with him, he said he wasn't sure if there was something going on between me and Zach and that's why he didn't do anything earlier." I was still kind of confused about that. 

"Zach only got here like a week ago. What about the two years he was gone?" Brett asked. That's a valid point. 

"Well, one of those two I was with Asshole James. I don't really know, maybe I'll ask him," I shrugged in response. 

He nodded in response, keeping his eyes on the road as we reached the apartment building. 

"So, Zach has a date today?" I asked. 

He glanced at me while pressing the button to his floor. "Yeah, he's going out for lunch with Jessica," he said. 

"Jessica? Like the waitress from The Brew?" I questioned. 

"Yup, apparently she's liked him for a really long time. She's never once hung out with him but apparently, she likes him," he shrugged. 

"Maybe she does, you never know," I replied.

"I think she just likes his face, to be honest. She doesn't know one thing about him, they've never spoken either." "Let's just see where they go," I shrugged. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 "I win! Again!" I cheered, standing up and jumping on the couch. The whole day, Brett and I had been playing Uno. Zach was not back yet and we had no hopes, we weren't expecting him to be back for a while. 

We already had our dinner and were just lounging around when the door opened and in walked Zach with Jessica behind him. Brett and I looked at each other before turning back to the other two. 

"You didn't tell me your roommates would be here," she laughed awkwardly. 

"It's no problem, right?" Zach asked us. 

"Yeah, no problem," Brett and I nodded in sync. I gave Brett a pointed look before we went into his room. "That air mattress would be nice right about now," I mumbled. 

"This is gonna be a long night, let's just go to sleep," he huffed. 

I woke up the next morning with my alarm ringing. The night wasn't too bad, but as I said, it's the snoring. It's not so adorable when you're trying to sleep. Brett was nice enough to take the floor but halfway through the night and his constant backache complains, he just shared the bed with me, it's his room and his apartment. 

The night was not easy, the sleeping situation aside. 

We had the pleasure to hear constant screaming, moaning, panting, clashing, squeaking, I don't want to list anything more. 

"How are you gonna go there?" Brett asked while sitting up against his headboard. 

"I don't know," I huffed, "But if they're in the room then I can just get some tea, right?" I asked while standing up.