Chapter 19: I'm not a liar

Chapter nineteen: I'm not a liar (Ellie's POV)

"You want me to lie to her? You want me to tell her that you've got a girlfriend so she has to leave you alone? Are you serious?!" I exclaimed. 

"Can you think of a better way?" he asked. 

"Tell me this, genius," I spat sarcastically, "If you have a girlfriend then why did you sleep with her less than twenty-four hours ago?" I asked and he didn't have something to say. "Idiot," I muttered under my breath, "You can't lie to her, and neither will I," I huffed. 

"Why not?" he whined. 

"Because I'm not a liar. If you aren't interested in her, tell her that, regardless of how she reacts. I thought she would have figured it out by now. I even told her you don't date," I mumbled the last bit under my breath. I am so confused. 

She left the apartment asking me to tell him to fuck off, and now she's following him around? 

"Oh, by the way, she told me to tell you to fuck off, just thought I'd mention it," I shrugged. 

He glared at me before rolling his eyes. "You created this problem, now you have to solve it, I don't care how you do that," he said. 

"Well, I just won't do anything at all. Because it is not my problem. You slept with her, you brought her to the apartment, and then you left her hanging. Now, pay for it," I huffed before turning to the door to leave but he grabbed me and pulled my back, pinning me against the wall. I sighed in frustration while he shot daggers at me. 

"Ellie, I swear," he sighed. 

"Zach, I swear," I mocked. 

"I hate you so much," he huffed while shaking his head slightly. 

"Ouch. That breaks my heart to hear. Sometimes it's hard to face reality, but you gotta do it, okay? Tell her you're not interested, get on with it. I have class," I said before slipping out and heading for class. 

What was he planning on doing? Just acting like she didn't exist? I'd rather her follow him around instead of her just randomly showing up at the apartment uninvited looking for him. He needs to sort himself out. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was lunch and we were all at our table. All of us except for Zach. 

"All right, Elle, go find Zach," Brett sighed. 

"What? Why me?" I asked. 

"Because you're the one that spoke to Jessica, and maybe she just didn't take it the right way, but you have to save Zach. You put him in this mess," Nathan shrugged. 

"So, what? He was just gonna ghost her even though we go to the place where she works every day?" I scoffed. 

"Yeah," all three of the guys shrugged. 

"You guys are pathetic. You just go to these places and act like they don't exist and you don't know them?" I questioned. 

"Well, I usually leave on good terms with whoever it was, so I don't have to ghost them," Brett shrugged. 

"Just find Zach and bring him over. It's not like Jessica is gonna show up here," Spencer rolled his eyes. 

"And why can't one of you go?" I asked. 

"Because we're too lazy. Come on, please?" Nathan whined. 

"Fine," I huffed while standing up and heading out of the cafeteria.