part nine.

" HIS INTENTIONS. "

cosmopolitan, 2:04am.
your pov.

it's been two days since you last saw jungkook, and that only made you upset.
ignoring him maybe was the right choice, wondering how he's feeling about your absence at his games or just in general.

though you and him weren't on the best terms possible, you put faith in your brother that what he was doing was for you.

did jungkook miss you just as much as you did? or was it just a small fling to earn his entertainment that he so happened to no longer want?

flipping a card over onto the board, yeji and you stayed up to have a girls night alone without the boys.
now you were playing board games that you picked up from the store downstairs in the casino.

you moved your piece forward 10 spaces, grabbing the deck and shuffling it a few times.
"you've been out a lot less, what happened?"

clearing your throat, you decided whether or not it was best to tell her about it.
after all, yeji isn't that close with your brother as the other guys were.

but that still didn't plummet the fact that she can rat you out if you spill the beans.
"i guess i got sick of being out all night.."

she knew you were lying, just by the tone of your voice you're missing out on something that you wanted to desperately go back to.

shrugging off the lie, you continued the game and popped open a new bottle of champagne.
you and yeji clinked bottles and chugged them down, the loud music blasting from her speaker.

another night without seeing him, they say it'll get easier.

cosmopolitan, 4:53am.
yeonjun pov.

it was now the 8th day in a row, endlessly playing poker day through night.
slumping back in my seat exhausted, every night i played with every member of jungkook's party.

with the help of jaemin and felix, they played with them as well to find any sort of issue during the play.
out of them all, jungkook was the most sketchy.

and tonight i sat at the same table as him, eyeing his every move.
what intentions did he have with y/n? why did he go after her?

my thoughts cut off when the cheering rose, some sighing in agony and distress upon the defeat.
the great jeon jungkook won, for the 20th time.

no way was this possible, the system seemed rigged in my opinion.
either that.. or he was cheating.

everything went in slow motion, all the guys praising jungkook for his immense skill. the cocky smile on his face as he was being tugged left to right.

him going for my younger sister wasn't the biggest deal of them all, the fact that we are losing money to him and his little gang was the issue.
jeon was the man that never lost.

3 days later, 8:37pm.
your pov.

rambling on and on, your mouth soon got sore and yeji's ears were bursting.
you couldn't help it, not aware of what move you should make to continue the life style you want.

"what should i do?" declining your body, you sunk into the soft bed deep in your thoughts.
"whatever you wanna do y/n, yeonjun sounds like a pain in the ass."

"he mentioned he wanted to protect me, from what exactly?"
you wanted to go see jungkook, spending time with him was what gave you butterflies.

no matter what hour, if he was there you would be happy.
you curled yourself up into a ball and wrapped the blanket over.

playing on your mobile device, the doorbell to your room rang a few times.
you flipped your figure over to see yeji already sound asleep with her phone charged on the nightstand.

surprisingly, you were wide awake.
maybe the predispose of longing to go out was far too strong.

getting out of the bed, you removed the hair tie from your hair while walking to the door - the long strands falling over your shoulders.

clutching the handle, you pulled the wooden door towards you to see a man standing there with his hand pressed up against the side of the frame.

he saw the shock register on your face before you could hide it. a small smile played on his lips, it wasn't what he said though, his words were like vanilla pudding, sweet in their ordinary sort of way, it was the richness of his tones – luxurious and warm.

you were glad you saw him before hearing his voice, you'd never have put the two of them together otherwise.

tip toeing out of the dark room, you closed the door behind you softly and studied him.
"been awaiting some sort of visit."

the low rumble of his voice is comforting as it wraps around and carries you off to a world where sound is the power that could change everything wrong in the world.

he had that rich, silky tone. he speaks as if he controls the affair, his experience seeping through.
you scanned the hallways left and right, making sure no one was around to notice the both of you.

"you can't be here jungkook.. not right now." the male tapped at the wood with his finger tips.
"my partner in crime suddenly stops making a presence at my poker tournaments, don't you think i have a purpose of standing in front of your suite to know what's wrong?"

"we aren't good for each other and you know that..."
feeling the atmosphere get hotter by the second, his body towering over you intimidatingly with the casual attire he wore.

your words had offended him slightly, stinging at his heart.
"why do you say that?" head hanging low, even you mentioning that hurt your own feelings.

but you had no choice, you trusted your brother.
"jungkook please-"

"no. you're not going to push me away like nothing happened." he edged his hand towards yours ever so slightly, until you felt his fingertips brush your hand.

letting his slip around yours, you could feel the heat of his palm pressed against your own.
his soft gaze as his voice was laced with nothing but pure sugar.

"i just want to know what's going on.."
"nothing, just wasn't in the mood to go out."
jungkook brought your hand to his lips, planting a soft kiss on there that caused you to melt under his touch immediately.

"your eyes portray the lie you just told me."
the silence overwhelmed you, trying to find the right words to say to him.

you didn't want to push him away further, but yeonjun put you under the influence to - like you were compelled.

but at the same time you just wanted to pull him close and complete the kiss you were both willing to share.
"you should go, maybe we can talk another time."

pulling your hands away, he resisted and pulled one back before positioning a gilded red box on your palm.
"wha-"

jungkook placed a finger over your lips, shushing you and preventing any complaints that you could rant about. "open it when you're inside."

cosmopolitan, 9:04pm.
author pov.

the girl was hesitating, analyzing the tinted case in her hands and playing with the blanket laid over her bare legs.

opening the two locks on the side, she pulled the top up to reveal a folded card stock paper and a transparent flower lipstick that seemed quite expensive in its own way.

unfolding the thick paper, the fine black ink that had many pigments in it used to write out his words.
y/n bit back her cheeky smile at the gift upon her hands given by the man she so dearly missed.

"a gift to compensate the kiss we should have fulfilled, -jeon."