part twenty one.

" POKER SCANDAL. "

cosmopolitan, 5:45pm.

in isolation it was lonely, yet there is an art to being alone. jungkook found that if he could be conscious of his choices and emotions, he could ask himself what was best for her and his sake.

y/n that is, the girl who still lingered in his mind during these past 4 days. perhaps it was his lack of confidence that wasn't driving him back to talk it out with her.

or the insecurity of their relationship being different ever since he spat at her with harsh words scared him.
even the messages y/n sent the night of her first official poker tournament made him smile because he was proud of her.

jungkook was mixed up about the fact that the feelings might not be mutual, his friend interrupting with a knock at his door.

the man pushed himself off the couch and paused the tv before heading to open it.
"don't end up on the wrong side of me now, taehyung."

"sounds like more than just a broken heart..." he patted jungkook's shoulder, shoving him aside to grant himself access to the younger brothers room.

"the guys are worried, jeon."
"and they don't have to be, im alright."
"this is your way to cope from whatever happened between you and y/n?"

"whatever happened between us... i-" he paused, not finding the right words to say.
"you?" jungkook sighed.

"i don't know if it was the right thing to push her away," taehyung sat down beside him, listening quietly.

"as much as i want to leave this all behind for the both of us, i can't help but miss her and all the stupid late adventures we would go on." jungkook chuckled to himself at the thought of taking y/n out and show her places shes never been to.

recalling the night they walked hand in hand at the strip together, grabbed ice cream and shared stories.
the marquee club, where y/n and jungkook had a whole hearted conversation and walked back to their suites about to kiss until they were interrupted.

the poker lounge, where y/n accidentally stumbled upon but jungkook pulled her in to share his famous rich ice cream sundae.

when the locals mobbed around them and she locked eyes with him for the first time, a smirk on his face as his persona instantly took influence on her.

"welcome to vegas." the famous line said by jeon jungkook himself at his first poker tournament in cosmopolitan.

the time when y/n snuck out just to see him last minute at his game never failed to melt him as she were his biggest supporter.

"y/n will understand." yeah, he doubted that.

MOMOFUKU, 6:10pm.

drawing influence from all over the world, including the united states, korea and japan, the menu features steamed buns, noodles, and meat and seafood meant for sharing.

taehyung invited jungkook for lunch with an asian-american cuisine.
momofuku offered a variety of dining styles from lunch to late night. those who choose to stop by for a quick snack and drink in their peach bar, hang for buns and a bowl of noodles, or share celebratory family-style meals in their main dining room.

joining his friend in the black booth, the restaurant was full. he looked around at the busy tables. an old couple eating side by side, one glass of wine each, studiously bent over their meals. jungkook looked at the paper menu tracing his pointer finger over the printed images.

from his seat he had a view of the entrance, couples came and left with hands laced together.
with nothing else to do he perused the menu, regardless of what was there he would be ordering the usual meal like the other times he came with his friends.

he let himself soak in the ambient music for a few moments, wondering what the words were and drinking in the fragranced air as taehyung ordered for the both of them.

"remember that one night i asked you if you liked her?"
"don't..." he pinched the bridge of his nose in embarrassment.

"i know your feelings for her didn't just vanish."
"the night after linq resulted in us spending a night together, and i found out something a couple days later..."

taehyung waited for him to continue, giving his full attention after turning his body.
"she was associating with these guys and they managed to search through my room about some stupid poker scandal."

"so? there's nothing to hide." jungkook lifted the glass of water to his lips, stomaching the affair.
"i just thought she would never think that low of me.."