thirty.

" THE LAST NIGHT AT COSMOPOLITAN. "

the chandelier, cosmopolitans crystal bar that housed three unique bars. it was a lounge where everything was a beautiful hue of purple. perfect for parties late at night and you wouldn't be surprised to find tourist there.

the creamy sheets of the silk dress slipped onto her shoulders, peppering her body with soft, sensual kisses. like a lover, it seduced the senses and conveyed with utmost skill the art of pleasing.

alongside her figure was yeonjun followed by his friends who dressed just as elegant to satisfy the clothing requirements.

inconsequent polite conversation, canapes, wine. the bass thumped in time with her heart beat as though they were one, filling her from head to toe with music.

over the roar of it, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. y/n couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in her ears and wouldn't seem to stop. she was too concerned to think.

she held the ends of her dress, yeonjun handing the host the invitation they all received this morning.
the song that was playing got louder, pulling the girl in and wouldn't let go. she had no choice but to join the crowd, bodies dancing around underneath the large chandelier.

there was an anticipation that y/n wanted to see someone, but at the same time she felt like she would suffocate face to face with him.

the party sat down awaiting for an announcement, y/n fiddling with her fingers in her lap.
jungkook sent her an invitation for their last night here, but never showed up?

"the pleasure is all mine," she heard a voice that instantly caused her head to shoot up.
"mr.kim." kim taehyung, known as the poker professional himself.

her brother stood up and shook hands with him, making everyone else follow along including y/n.
when taehyung finished shaking hands with them, he eyed y/n's attire and smirked to himself.

"y/n, i'd like to talk privately." the adult let out a long breath, like she didn't even know she'd been holding it in, and nodded with a slight smile.

"that was you?" y/n gasped in disbelief at his words.
"forging jungkook's signature, seriously..." a low sigh followed her gasp.

"can you blame me? you didn't even know tonight was our last."
"if i did it wouldn't be right for me to attend.."
taehyung's mouth dropped at her foolish words.

"what are you talking about y/n?"
"jungkook doesn't deserve someone like me, i practically backstabbed him."

"tell me one thing, how do you feel about him?" his question caused her to swallow the lump in her throat. it caught her off guard, though she knew exactly how she felt.

"i like him taehyung.. i really do."
from the corners of their eyes, they witnessed how everyone stood up with their drinks in their hands, standing up and applauding.

y/n's attention darted towards the front when her breathing becomes softer.
in his eyes was his humanity, the person he really was. there are times it gets lost, when he wore that suit, when jungkook became the man the world demands of him.

y/n said cheeky was good; she let him be himself. they laughed so much, at times jungkook stopping because he knew a torrent of giggles needed to be released.

but of everything they ever did, it was looking in his eyes she loved the most. that's all they ever needed to connect, jungkook and y/n, just eyes, no words.

it was secure to say there was a misconception between them, but the love was the same.
she scrutinized taehyung leaving her alone to join the 6 other men with cosmopolitan's at the tips of their fingers.

he left her with the demand "you know what to do." in reality, she didn't. she didn't know what action to take as his words never sunk deep enough to think.

"what the hell is she doing here?" jungkook tugged his friend towards him, whisper-yelling in his ear at the sight of a petite girl accompanied by her brother and friends.

"how should i know?"
"you invited her, didn't you." the younger let go of his friend, taking a sip of his cosmo.

"why are you so upset kook, what happened to your feelings for her?"
"we could've had our final night here without y/n involved, i didn't want to see her hurt."

the silence was a poison to them, for in that void of sound the shallowness of their conversation was laid bare.

"she's not here to say goodbye, jungkook."

전정국