Gag Reels, Extras, and Author Notes

*HERA AND KANAN ARGUING LOUDLY*

REX: How do you guys deal with 'Mom and Dad' all the time? Sometimes, I'm reminded of how lucky I am that old Mace took care of Jango, Jedi style.

HERA: Was that the last of the meilooruns?

KANAN: Yeah, but they were mine...

HERA: (Beginning to tear up) And you didn't love me enough to share? (Getting angrier) You know what, you ungrateful sleemo, it's fine! It's not like I'm carrying your unborn child or anything...

*AHSOKA SLIDES CHOPPER TWENTY CREDITS AFTER SLAYING SABINE AND ZEB AT THEIR OWN BETS*

CHOPPER: (Beeps)

AHSOKA: You're right. The force does work in many ways.

AHSOKA: Is it just me or is Kanan trying to set us up?

REX: What do think he'll do if I just grab you by the face and kiss you right here?

BOTH: (laugh)

AHSOKA: We'll just let him do his thing.

*SABINE TRYING TO ENJOY HER DRINK*

EZRA: Have I showed you my birthmark?

SABINE: What birthmark?

EZRA: It's so cool! It looks kinda like—

SABINE: EZRA! You can't just start stripping! Put your pants back on!

HERA: Kanan!

KANAN: What?

HERA: Come get your spawn!

KANAN: (walking in) What did you just call our —

*JACEN PLAYING WITH KANAN'S LIGHTSABER*

*This is my sketch so give credit to this story if you decide to repost

*This is my sketch so give credit to this story if you decide to repost. This is grown-up Jacen Syndulla! I used a still of Kanan from the first episode, so he's definitely got his dad's flair down pact. Also, did anyone else notice the wolf emblem on little Jacen's jacket in the epilogue?

Okay, final author's note. Wow, I have never finished a fic before, so this is huge! I really want to thank you all for sticking with it and for all of your sweet comments. It warms my heart!

I also, want to talk about how this was a really cathartic process for me. I made the mistake of watching The Jedi Knight really late at night, and my emotional process just couldn't it. This story became the way that I understood how Kanan's death was a well written and important piece of the Rebel's story. It was Kanan's proof that his love for his family wasn't obsessive like Anankin's. Kanan loved the Spectors sacrificially.

And this really helped me not die of boredom during quarentine. Twice.

I really toyed with making the last chapter pure fluff, but after doing some digging on the force ghosts who talked to Rey in TRoS, I felt like Ezra had a choice to make. His voice isn't among the ghosts, so technically he could just be alive and not dead at that point. I just thought having him choose family over the Jedi would give the ending the "edge" that my creative writing class always likes. (That was like our #1 comment on work: Too happy, haha.)

I plan to do some spelling and tiny detail revisions, so if you see an update, you're not missing anything. I promise!

In other news: If you really liked my writing, I'm working on an entire rewrite of the Star Wars Saga (CW, Rebels, and Resistance included). I won't be publishing it until I have enough material to coast on my publishing (like this one), but if you follow me, I'll try to make announcements about its progress. So far, I have the really ugly foundation chapters written for book one. I write fluff and angst a lot easier than battle scenes in case you haven't realized my niche, but if you're interested, it will be called Stars Were Out of Line.

I love you all! Have a safe and wonderful Halloween, All Hallows' Eve, and Day of the Dead Eve (Dia de Muertos)!

Makayla out :)