The Experiment

The door flew open and Henrik Von Schneeple Stein appeared holding a box filled with papers and medical instruments. "Edvard I need your help!"

Edward Iplier looked up from his book to raise an eyebrow at his friend. "Henrik, what's wrong?"

"Vell, I vas vorking on zhis zort of cure. Vell, I vas just experimenting vith Antiz blood und I made zhis sort of serum." Henrik said quickly, kicking the door closed behind him and walking into the room.

Edward recoiled. "His blood!"

Henrik laughed. "Anti doezn't get zick so I zhought zhat it could help make a for dizease or maybe zhe common cold."

Edward nodded. "What do you need my help with."

"I need to finish it first, it eez not done yet," Henrik said and glanced to Edward's desk.

"You need my help with that?"

"Nien I need to use your equipment, Marvin shrunk mine."

Edward shook his head. "Ok just don't break anything."

"Danke! I vill not break anything." Henrik said and turning to the desk where Edward kept his equipment. Edward nodded and turned back at his book, continuing to read.

Almost thirty minutes later Henrik let out a cry of triumph and Edward looked up from his book smiling. "Are you done?"

"Ja," Henrik said, filling a veil with the green liquid.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I am going to test it on myself."

Edward stood up, his book falling out of his lap. "What Henrik you can't!"

Henrik waved him away. "I can, I'm sure it von't hurt me. If anyzhing it vill just make me sleepy."

Edward shook his head as Henrik started to fill a syringe. "Henrik please the last time you tried something on yourself it made you sick." he muttered.

"Zhat was because no one was with me. You're here with me now."

"This is my room!" Edward yelled gesturing around the room.

"And?"

"Henrik why-"

"Doctah Iplier, I am azking for your professional help."

Edward sighed and looked away. "Lay on the bed. If you pass out I want you to be comfortable."

Henrik nodded standing up. "Hold it I'll give you the shot," Edward said, holding out his hand. Henrik smiled and handed him the syringe.

"Danke freund," Henrik said laying on the bed, shifting his weight from side to side.

"You'll need to relax if you want to do this."

Henrick nodded stiffly and tried to relax. Edward took Henrik's arm and sighed. "Are you sure?"

"Eddy please," Henrik whispered, desperation evident in his voice. He was always passionate about his projects.

Edward blinked at him and looked away again. "I, sorry, I'll just get on with it," Edward whispered.

Henrik closed his eyes as Edward sunk the needle into his skin. It was a quick poke and it was over. Just as Henrik expected from the fellow doctor. "Okay?" Edward asked standing beside the bed.

"Ja."

They sat in silence for a minute or two. "Do you feel alright?"

"Ja, I feel nothing out of the ordinary."

Edward smiled. "That's good."

"I vas expecting to feel a little sore zhough."

The American sucked in a breath. "Yes, it is a little strange." he choked out. He couldn't have anything go wrong. If anything happened to Henrik he would-

"It failed," Henrik said looking away.

"That's alright."

Henrik whined. "Nein, I just have Anti's disgusting blood in me."

"It will be fine," Edward said, promoting another two minutes of silence.

Henrik nodded and yawned. "Eddy, vhen did you repaint?"

Edward looked up. "I didn't."

"Really it's swirly vhirly."

Edward frowned and grabbed Herniks shoulders. "Henrik?"

Henrik sighed and closed his eyes. "I'm a little tired. I'm just gonna," he trailed off and went limp.

Edward jumped and shook the German doctor. "Henrik! Henrik!" he yelled. "Henrik Von Scheeplestien!"

Henrik's eyes snapped open and Edward took a step back. Unnatural green eyes blinked up at him.

"Hello, Edvard."

💉💊💉💊💉💊💉💊

The first chapter is done! I'm so glad I finally had time to write this. Expect a lot more long fics in the future.