Bonus Chapter 3

James's POV

Everyone was silent, I don't like silence, it reminds me of the time when I was alone on the streets and people were giving me sympathetic glances but they were silent, no one helped me, it was the time when my parents were murdered.

I heard the tapping of the shoes and saw Kartik fidgeting, I placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder,
" everything will be alright, don't worry"

He looked in my eyes, many emotions were passing through his eyes, I couldn't control myself, I just hugged him.

" Dad dad, where's mom??" Grayson came shouting

" Sorry Kartik, he was not listening" Anna said and sat beside me

Kartik made Grayson sit beside him,
" she's gonna be alright, she's a fighter"

Grayson just nodded, though he's still a little kid but understand these things. We are in the hospital right now, Naira was giving birth, but the doctor said that there are some complications with her pregnancy, so it would be difficult to save her or the baby.

The rest were all around the hospital either hiding their emotions or calling the best doctor, but I can't leave my brother alone.

Suddenly the door opened, the doctor came, and out of nowhere Issac, Chloe and William came too. Audrey is at the house with the kids.

" Congratulations, Mr.Martz you are blessed with a baby girl and your wife is completely safe" The doctor said.

..............

" Dad she's so tiny" Grayson said as the baby girl holded his finger with her small palms

" I'm gonna spoil her so much" I said in excitement

" No you will not" Naira said while narrowing her eyes at me

" She's my little princess, I will be the one to spoil her" Kartik said

" Chloe just remind me to keep these two brothers away from my Gracie" Naira said while pointing at Kartik and me

" Don't worry Naira, I'll take care of that" William said, they have grown pretty comfortable with eachother in the passing years.

Then Grayson ran towards the shelf and took out his baseball bat and sat near Gracie while holding his bat.

" Umm..what are you doing Gray?" Issac asked

" I'm protecting her, nobody will touch her or harm her or I will hit him with my bat" Grayson said in a serious tone

We all went 'aww' , Gracie had surely found a nice and protective brother.

" Good luck Gracie, you're never going to have a boyfriend" Chloe said

" She's not even getting married till 30 " Kartik sort of announced

Then suddenly Naira grabbed Kartik with his collar, she was going to say something but suddenly gun shots were fired in our hospital room.

One person died that evening who didn't even had the chance to live her life, who was just born, Gracie.

Surprise! Surprise!

I updated this chapter because I've finally reached 100 followers, thanks to you guys, please keep voting and supporting me, luv u guys!!

Because of which, you guys can ask me any questions, related to the story(any) or me but they should not be much personal.

Thank you again!!!!!

~Ellen⚡