𝟎𝟗

CHAPTER NINE

He looked at her and nodded.

"Yes, I can. Show me your wrist."

Sooah rolled her sweater sleeve down and placed it in front of him, on top of a small table. The man inspects her soulmate's initals and placed his hands on top of it.

"Why do want to change your soulmate?" He questioned.

Sooah gulped before answering. "My soulmate is an idol, there are rumors going around everywhere and he just recently confirmed it but I don't want to bring him down since I'm sure lots aren't happy."

The old man nodded in understanding then proceeded to do whatever he usually does— which always works. But then, he furrowed his eyebrows and closed his eyes.

Sooah felt uneasy watching him struggle and might have slightly regretted her decision.

"I won't be able to change your soulmate." He sighes and pulls his hands away.

"What? Why?"

"This usually always works, only once or twice this has happened before. You and your soulmate had always been meant to be since your past lives but never got the chance to be together. The universe is trying its best to get you both ending up together." He explained.

Sooah widened her eyes in disbelief. "How did you know?"

"I had a vision the first was around 1890. You two met but didn't end up together. The next one was around 2012. You two met again but he left before he got the chance to tell you how he feels."

"He left?"

The man nodded. "He passed away. You ended up alone too."

"So in this life, don't mess it up. You two will always be meant together."

Sooah left the small alleyway. The old mad had refused to receive payment from Sooah as he failed to change her soulmate but all there is in her mind is her and Chan being soulmates from their past lives.

"1890 and 2012 was such a long time ago." She breathed out.

Sooah's phone suddenly rang. She looked at the caller id and her mother was calling. For some reason, she didn't have a good feeling about it. Shrugging off the thought, Sooah tapped the accept button and raised her phone to her ear.

"Hel-" she greeted but stopped when her mother's sobs were heard.

"Sooah, you need to come home right now it's really important."

Sooah quickly ended the call and quickened her pace, running a few times. By the time she arrived at her doorstep, she was panting tiredly but that didn't stop her from unlocking the door. Sooah walked in and looked for her parents who turned out to be in the living room.

"Mom, dad, what's going on?"

Both her parents looked up with teary eyes. Her mother then held her hands and guided her to sit on the sofa. Sooah's father took a deep sigh before he started explaining.

"Your brother..." he started.

Sooah gulped nervously, she knew this isn't good.

"Passed away, he got into a car accident."

Tears well up her eyes and eventually started crying. Yes he left them and never talked to them again after their wedding because his wife took him away from them, he's still Sooah's brother.

"We'll come to his funeral tomorrow, he's in Jeju island so you should start packing." Her father finished then walked away to answer a phone call.

Sooah leaned her head onto her mother's shoulder. Her nose was runny and red from crying.

"His wife also decided to leave him before he got into a car accident. It was reported that he may have been drunk." Sooah's mother said while rubbing her shoulder to calm her down.

~

"Sooah, are you ready?" Her father asked from downstairs.

She took one last look at herself in the mirror with puffy red eyes before walking out the door dragging her suitcase.

They got into a taxi and Sooah looks out the window, missing Chan.

She had also been ignoring his texts since last night. Sooah really felt like her world was collapsing and couldn't even think straight that night.

The ride to the airport was silent only the sound of rain poring on the city of Seoul were heard along with the radio was heard.

"If his wife apologizes, will you forgive her?" Sooah's mother asked.

She looked at her mother then shook her head. "After what she's done to out family? No. And she's even the reason Soohun died."

~

"Passengers to Jeju Island, please board the plane now." An announcement was made then everyone including Sooah and her parents took their bags and lined up to board the plane.

Sooah decided to text Chan one last time before boarding the plane. Telling him that she was off to Jeju and then she turned her phone off, stepping into the plane.

She rested her head by the plane window and looked out as the plane finally took off, going higher and higher.

"Goodbye for now, Bang Chan."

~

After a few hours, the airplane safely landed on the runway in Jeju. Sooah and her parents stepped out the plane and walked into the airport to claim their luggages as quick as possible before getting a taxi to drop off their luggages at their hotel.

Once they did, the three finally drove to Soohun's funeral. During the ride to his funeral, Sooah calmed herself down. Telling herself not to try and fight Soohun's wife, Kyora.

That didn't go as planned.

The second the three stepped into the funeral, all eyes were on them. Along with whispers among guests asking if we were his family.

Kyora, on the other hand, was sitting next to Soohun's lifeless body crying her eyes out. Sooah scoffed and walked up to her, ignoring all the guests' stares.

"You still have the audacity to cry over him when you took him away from us, his family, and left him before he got into a car accident? You still think you can cry over him after you became the reason he died?" She snapped.