𝟐𝟕

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"Sooah, Sooah?" Jiyo waved her hands in front of a spaced out Sooah.

"Huh?" She took her eyes off the couple and back to her three friends.

"What's wrong?" Mireun questioned.

"Nothing, I just thought I saw someone."

When Sooah went to look at the window again, the pair was gone. She shook off the thought and eventually forgot about it throughout the day.

"How are the rumors about you and Jaehyun from NCT?" Kyuha asked.

"It died down, but I got kicked out of my job in SM." She sighed while stirring her iced tea.

"What- when?"

"They sent me a text last night, I'm jobless now." Sooah shrugged.

"Does Chan know?" Jiyo questioned.

She shook her head no.

"You should tell him, you could be Stray Kids's makeup artist." Mireun stated.

~

"Chan?" Sooah peeked her head into his room.

Chan turned around from his laptop and placed both his hands out for a hug. She let out a laugh and walked up to him, engulfing her soulmate in a tight hug.

"I lost my job." She mumbled while resting her head on his shoulder.

"Huh?" Chan pulled away from the hug and gave her a questioning look.
"So you're jobless?"

Sooah gave him a nod.

"That's great! One second." A smiley Chan turned from her and took his phone out to dial JYP.

"How is losing a job good?" She mumbled to herself, fiddling around with her fingers as her eyes watched Chan's back.

"Congratulations, you are now Stray Kids's stylist." He turned back after turning off the phonecall with JYP.

"What?"

"I called JYP to hire you as their manager and he said yes."
"And you'll start working tomorrow."

Sooah stared at Chan with a blank expression, still trying to process everything going on.

"That fast?" She asked and he gave her a nod.

~

"Everyone, please welcome Lee Sooah. I'm pretty sure we all know her already."

Sooah looked around at all the smiling faces of stylists, hairstylists, makeup artists and managers. They all looked very welcoming. She felt familiarity in SM and JYP but in JYP, seems like everyone got along with each other— a family, something Sooah wished she still had.

"Stray Kids will be here in about ten minutes, in the meantime you all can prepare and get to know Sooah." Manager Kyeong informed and left the room.

"I heard you used to be in SM." A tall bright blue colored hair girl sat next to Sooah, offering her a bottle of banana milk.

"I was but got kicked out." She sighed, accepting the bottle.

"It's okay, you'll have a so much better time in here. Right guys?" She pat Sooah's back and asked all the others, who answered with a loud "yes".

"Everyone's nice here. Seems like the only asshole is that one manager." She thought to herself.

"Oh, I should prepare my things before Stray kids arrive. And I'm Wonyul by the way."

"Good morning!" Everyone stood up and greeted the eight stray Kids members who had just walked through the door.

"Sooah, do my makeup!" Hyunjin smirked and walked towards her, obviously to get Chan jealous.

"No, do mine!" Jeongin whined and followed his groupmate.

"No, mine." Minho also followed close behind.

"She's doing mine, end of discussion." Chan frustratedly groaned and pulled Sooah away.

She laughed and followed Chan, looking behind her where she saw Hyunjin, Jeongin and Minho giving each other hi-fives.

"Stop giving me that face." Sooah said to Chan who was sitting in front of the mirror with a pouty face and crossed arms.

"Chan?"

No answer. He just kept a pout on and stared at the mirror.

"What can I do to make it up to you?"

"You and me, on a date after this."

A/N:
10k? I'm gonna go cry. I love you guys a lot 🥺 please stay safe.
- a<3