𝟏𝟐

CHAPTER TWELVE

Roeun tried to chase Chan but he had driven away from the driveway already. He huffed then continued eating his already cold instant noodles after he texted Chan what he actually meant— wasn't read though.

By now, Chan was speeding towards the address Minho sent him earlier. In five minutes, he arrived in front of a big grey apartment building and quickly walked out the car. Chan walked in and searched for room nine. Once he eventually found it, Chan stood in front of the wooden door, raising his hand up to knock.

Footsteps were heard from the other side of the door before the sound of keys jingling was heard the the door opened.

"Oh... Chan, hey." Sooah awkwardly scratched her head and moved aside to let Chan into her small yet cozy temporary apartment.

She poured Chan a glass of water and they were both in an awkward silence situation before Chan brought up a conversation.

"Is the reason why you do not want to end up with me..." he started and Sooah looked at Chan who fixed his eyes on the cold tile floor.

"Minho?"

She looked at him wide-eyed before choking on her own saliva, coughing her lungs out with Chan panicking and rubbing her back.

"W-what? Why would you think like that?"

"Do you like him, not me?" He dodged Sooah's question.

"No, of course not. I don't like Minho at all. I called him because..."

"Because what?" Chan grew impatient.

"There is a big possibility that Kyora is Minho's soulmate." Sooah explained.

"What kind of nonsense is that? Kyora is your brother's soulmate."

She shook her head. "Kyora and Soohun weren't soulmates. Soohun and Kangro were."

"Who in the world is Kangro?"

"Kyora's brother."

Now, it was Chan's turn to choke on his saliva.

"For real? Why did he marry Kyora then?"

"He loved her and didn't care if they weren't soulmates. That's what I've heard." She explained.

Chan went silent. The living room grew quiet and awkward.

"So... you don't like Minho?"

Sooah shook her head.

"Then do you like me?"

Her words were lost and she was stunned. Sooah tried to open her mouths but nothing came out.

"You don't?" Hurt was plastered on Chan's face and Sooah just wanted to give him a big hug right there and then.

"I don't know..." was all that came out of Sooah's mouth as she looked down.

"Should I prove it to you?"

As soon as those words came out from Chan, Sooah instanly shook as tears well up in her eyes. She was scared and it confused him.

"Hey what's wro-" he raised his hand to grab her shoulders but Sooah flinched and backed away.

FLASHBACK

"Ahnho, you aren't my soulmate, we can't be together." Sooah sobbed as she desperately pushed the door to prevent him from coming in.

"Please, Sooah, I'd do anything for you, even if we aren't soulmates." Ahnho begged and tried to push the door open.

"I don't want to be with you!" Her anger bubbled up and shouted.

Sooah realized what she had done and quickly regretted everything. She looked up at Ahnho in horror, terrified.

He looked at Sooah with a scary look before he smirked and push the door, making it fly open.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" He caressed Sooah's right cheek, who was trembling in fear.

"Right?!" The sound of a slap echoed through her empty house.

Sooah sobbed while placing her hand over her stinging cheek.

"Should I prove it to you?" Another slap was thrown at Sooah's right cheek this time.

"Do you love me?" Ahnho harshly grabbed her chin, making her look at him.

"No!"

His eyes grew dark and he raised his right hand to throw a punch while his left tightly held onto her shirt.

Sooah closed her eyes and waited for an impact but it never came. Instead, a painful groan was heard from Ahnho and his grip on her shirt was released.

She opened her eyes and saw Soohun standing in front of her and Anho on the ground.

"Never lay a finger on my sister every again!" He growled and grabbed him by the collar, making Ahnho stand up then dragging him out their house.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Soohun worriedly ran over to Sooah after locking the front door.

Sooah ignored him but instantly flung her arms around her brother, sobbing onto his neck while Soohun's hands found its way to her back, gently rubbing it.

BACK TO PRESENT

Sooh continued backing up untik her back came in contact with the cold hard wall. She slid down the wall and crouched down. Chan has not moved from where he was previously but he knew he needed to comfort his soulmate.

"Sooah..." he called out but her head was still hung low, looking at the ground.

Chan's hand made it's way to her shoulder again but she flinched and moved away, making him sort of figure out what was going on with her.

"I'm not going to do anything to you." His soothing voice spoke out.

He once again attempted to place his hand on her shoulder and luckily this time, she didn't push him away. Chan brought her into his embrace where she sobbed even more.

"I'm here now, no one's gonna hurt you. You're safe with me."