𝟏𝟎

CHAPTER TEN

Kyora fake cried and pretended to look hurt while the guests around gasped and whispered to each other.

"How dare you accuse my daughter?" Kyora's mother shouted and walked towards Sooah.

"You need prove?" She smirked before unlocking her phone and raising it high so that everyone could hear.

"Make sure he's dead." A girl's voice spoke from a voice recording on Sooah's phone.

"Why do you want him dead so badly?" Another voice was heard.

"I don't want to have him as my soulmate. Oh, and I left him earlier so don't worry about me."

And the recording stopped.

"I wonder who's voice that was." Sooah evily smiled, placing her phone back in her pocket.

How on Earth did she manage to get that recording? An email was sent to her by an unknown person some chat messages and that voice recording was attatched. At first she was confused to who sent it but later on she realized it was Jiyo.

Remember Jiyo? One of Sooah's and Mireun's friend? She hacked into some CCTV cameras and somehow got their voices and she also somehow got into a groupchat consisting of Kyora and a bunch of other evil people.

Kyora angrily stomped to Sooah with anger burning in her eyes. Once she stood in front of Sooah, Kyora raised her hand to slap her on the cheek but Sooah was quick enough to grab her wrist.

Sooh furrowed her eyebrows as she felt something weird on Kyora's wrist, as well as her eyes turning wide and trying to withdraw her hand from Sooah's grip.

As she looked down at Kyora's wrist and removing her thumb, she saw that the initials "L.S.H" was smudged along with a ton of concealer.

"He isn't even your soulmate?" Sooah scoffed and took a tissue before vigorously rubbing Kyrora's wrist, leaving a red mark.

And then her actual soulmate's initals showed up.

"L.M.H"

Sooah gasped and dropped Kyora's hand in the process.

FLASHBACK

"Minho, what initials do you have on your wrist?" Sooah asked sitting next to him while waiting for Chan to finish recording.

He smiled and raised his wrist.

"P.K.R"

PRESENT

"No..." she whispered.

"Fine! I'll explain everything." Kyora took a deep breath before explaining.

"I'm not his soulmate, his soulmate is my brother." She started and everyone in the funeral started whispering to each other again.

"W-what?"

"Look..." Kyora walked towards Soohun's lifeless body and pointed at his wrist.

"The initials 'P.K.R' isn't me, Park Kyora. It's Park Kangro."

"So you lied all this time? How are you even supposed to do that? Aren't your wrist supposed to-"

"We fell in love with each other. He said he didn't care if I wasn't his soulmate, he told me to cover it." She admitted.

"What about Kangro? Where is he and does he know?"

Kyora shook her head. "I haven't seen him since they first met and found out. Kangro also has someone else he loves and his wrist is blank already."

Among the crowds, one of the guests sensed familiarity in Sooah, as if he had seen her before and then it hit him. The unknown man took his phone out and pretended to take a picture of the funeral but was focusing it on Sooah before sending it to Bang Chan.

Sooah and her parents said their last greetings to Soohun before the casket closed and he was off to be buried. They walked into the cemetery and watched as soil cover the casket until it wasn't seen anymore.

The three walked out the cemetery trying to take in everything that happened, everything they found out. The truth was out now.

...

Sooah bid her goodbye to her parents before they walked out with their suitcases to head back to Seoul. Sooah on the other hand, still wanted to stay in Jeju. She didn't want to meet Chan. Sooah has also been ignoring all his calls and his member's calls. Only picking up Mireun, Jiyo or Kyuha's calls.

It's been a month since she stayed in Jeju and she has not planned on returning. She missed Chan. A lot. Sooah missed the boy she loves, she missed his random surprises, him randomly showing up at her door with flowers, late night talks and walks with him around town. Just everything.

Sooah does want to spend her life with Chan but that wouldn't be the best thing to Chan's career. It would be better if they stayed as soulmates, but never meet again— don't end up together.

"And I'm messing this life up too." Sooah whispered to herself, watching the scenery as she sat on a bench.

"Why haven't you been picking up my calls?"

She heard a familiar voice behind her and quickly turned around. There, she saw Chan standing a few metres from her.

"Chan? How did you know I was here?"

"My friend saw you at your brother's funeral and he found out you stay around here but that doesn't matter. Why aren't you back in Seoul yet? Why don't you pick up my calls, why-"

"Stop." She looked at Chan who was now sitting next to her.

"Let's not end up together. Your career is in danger because of me." Sooah stood up and started to walk away.

"I love you!" Chan shouted from the distance and followed her.

"I love you just stay with me." Sooah felt Chan getting closer so she started walking faster.

"Just stay with me please, Lee Sooah."