𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

"Yes, right after that, the nurse came and found her choking for air and the remote to call the nurse looked too far for her to press, it was in the table while she was laying on the bed with machines attatched to her." He continued explaining.

"We might need the police involved in this after her funeral tomorrow."

Chan nodded and thanked the doctor then walked back to his groupmates, anger bubbling inside him. "You're going to pay for killing my soulmate."

"Where is Sooah?" Mireun asked with red eyes.

"She's gone..." Chan looked down.

"W-what?" Jiyo gasped and fell down, crouching on the floor as she bursted into tears.

"How? She was alright the last time we saw her." Kyuha stated, not believing everything that's going on.

"So that was the last time we saw her, no wonder it felt like it was the last time."

~

"Lee Sooah was such an amazing person, and she was an amazing soulmate, my soulmate. Sooah filled the missing pieces of myself and I truly love her with all my heart. I was planning on proposing next year but she had to leave. Sooah, if you're listening, I love you, so much. Let's meet again in our next life." Chan finished his speech with teary eyes and shaky voice before handing the microphone to Mireun.

"Sooah was my best friend, the first time she met Chan was when she went to Stray Kids's concert with me, I can never forget that night. She had always been there for me, just like a sister. Rest well, Sooah. Until we meet again."

Mireun handed the microphone to Kyuha, then Jiyo, then the rest of Stray Kids, where they all say their speech and gave their last greetings to her.

The casket closed and that was the last time she was seen by the world, her friends and her soulmate. Chan could barely stand on his feet, his members had to hold him to keep him from falling.

"Goodbye, Lee Sooah."

~

Play: Neverending story by Stray Kids <3

Two days. Two days since Sooah left the world. Chan had never felt lonelier. The space next to him on the bed remained empty, all he could do was imagine Sooah's smiling face, greeting him good morning.

With a tear slipping out his eye, Chan opened Sooah's closet and took one of her sweaters out, hugging it as tight as he could, imagining it as Sooah. He cried and cried hugging the sweater tighter and finally fell into a deep sleep.

"Chan, Chan..." he heard Sooah's voice.

"I'm sorry I had to leave first, make sure you take good care of yourself, I'll be watching over you. See you in the next life, my soulmate. I'll go now, goodbye."

And her figure slowly faded as Chan wakes up from his sleep. "I wish all this was a dream."

~

"This song is dedicated to my soulmate. Her name is Lee Sooah." Chan raised his hand up to show the crowds of people attending Stray Kids's concert his wrist, where he wrote "L.S.A" by himself.

"I wrote this song one week after she passed away and I could never sing this without crying my eyes out but I figured I'll perform this for the first time today. Lee Sooah, I hope you're listening."

"The tittle is of the song is called 'Neverending Story' because Sooah told me that we have been soulmates for a long time and our story had been going on for more than a hundred years but we never got to end up together. So, our story will never end until we meet again in our next life."

The song started playing and Chan sang it with his heart breaking into pieces and tears falling out of his eyes. The crowds cheered for him and some even cried with him.

"Never say goodbye." Chan looked up and looked at the crowd, among them, he saw Sooah waving at him with a huge smile on her face.

Just like the first time they met.

He looked again but she disappeared. A sad sigh left his lips as he said the last words of the song.

"I love you."

THE END