Chapter 24: 136 BPM to 0 BPM !!

(Mature Language 18+)

"We lost the baby! There is no more baby!"

"What non-sense are you speaking?" Alessandro yelled when he heard the words, 'we lost the baby'! He was at the door step when Liam said those words to Alexander.

"Sir, it is true. She was fine even this morning. But now, she lost the baby. Her baby died inside her womb. There are no traces of poison or no damages in the uterus. It looks like the result of stress she had to go through. It was too much to handle." Liam said looking at Alessandro while Alexander still sat like a lifeless person on the chair trying to understand the situation they were in.

"But she wasn't bleeding when we saw her. She was totally fine; like nothing happened to her!" Alessandro asked in a confused tone. Knowing his friend was not in a position to speak, he asked the most obvious question.

"That's because she hasn't experienced the miscarriage yet. And the worst part is madam doesn't even know that she lost the baby." Liam said shaking his head slowly thinking about the painful state the couple were in.

"Liam, listen to me clearly. You have to consider me or Alex as a 'layman' here. You have to tell us each and every little thing about it. No matter how bad it is. We need to know and I am very serious about it." Alessandro said in a firm and a sharp tone raising his finger warning the doctor while Alexander held his forehead as the conversation kept hitting his eardrums.

"Yes boss! I'll just grab her reports and tell you everything in detail." Liam said while nodding his head. He knew it was best time to let the men know each and every single detail about Cynthia's case.

"How long will you take?" Alessandro asked looking at Alexander who was running his fingers through his hair in frustration and helplessness.

"5 minutes sir!"

"Alright! We'll wait then."

* * *

Once Liam started segregating the reports Alessandro turned his head in Alexander's direction. His heart broke into million pieces looking at his friend in such a helpless state. He put his hand on Alexander's shoulder giving him the much needed support.

"Andrà tutto bene Alex!" (Everything will be fine Alex!)

"Sono preoccupato per lei Andro! Sarà devastata." (I am worried about her Andro! She will be devastated.) Alexander spoke for the first time after he heard the words 'we lost the baby' a while back.

"Si hai ragione. Ma devi essere forte per lei. Devi essere forte Alex!" (Yes, you are right. But, you need to be strong for her. You have to be strong Alex!) Alessandro said laying stress on each and every word while Alexander nodded his head simply saying, "!" (Yes!)

* * *

Since she fell in love with him, she had been writing books about him. Alexander was always her hero while she would portray herself as the heroine of the story. Every single novel had a happy ending; of course with lots and lots of drama, romance, pain and happiness. Her outlook of life was always depicted in her novels. However, no matter how much ever she wanted them to be published she never really tried going for it.

She knew getting a novel published in the real world was a lot of hard work and she couldn't do it single handed. And since then whenever she thought of a story, she simply bought a notebook and write in it. Of course the book cover was definitely his picture as per the story line. She managed to get a print of his pictures from a local internet café and would proudly write her pen name 'Alenthia' in cursive writing at the bottom corner of the book cover.