2.6

"sᴏᴏ

"sᴏᴏ...ᴡʜʏ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ?"
_______________________________________

TW: MURDER/SUICIDE

Chani asked while looking at his cup of tea. They were in a nice and peaceful café so she doubted that her words to him would be disrupted.

"Chani, why did you kill mom?" Jooah asked hesitantly. She bit her lips, embracing herself for his answers.

"You'll only hate mother after I tell you," Chani said softly.

"Hate mother?" She responded confusingly, "tell me please."

Chani sighed, "Eomma was going to kill us." "When you and appa weren't home yet, she was praying to our ancestors. She came back and told me to sit on the couch. I sat on the couch, listening to her. I started feeling hungry, so I went to the dining room to get her," he paused then continued, "She was putting poison into the drinks while calling someone. I don't know who, but what I know is what she said. 'I'll just kill my husband and my kids, then I'll walk away with you, there is no point for them to live. They're all dumb anyway." She turned around. She saw me. She told me that she'll kill me first because I heard. She started to throw me around the house and she would chase me with the knife and hammers and all that stuff.." he let out a breath and felt his eyes fog up.

"She broke the window so I grabbed a piece of glass and ran to the dining room. I ran and she caught up. She was about to hit me and beat me down but then I stabbed her. Appa came home and made it look like she committed suicide by stabbing herself. Appa knew what was going to happen apparently, and he came home and took me away. He hid me at his friend's house and told me to never tell anybody what I did," Chani said all in one breath.

Jooah bit her lip and looked at him, "I'm sorry for not giving you the chance to tell me." She held his hand with a sad smile, "I'm sorry.."

Chani smiled back and held her hand, "it's alright, but are you doing well these days?" Jooah nodded and they continued on with their conversation, full or laughter and happiness.

It was then, the siblings had made up.

And finally, there was only one more person to talk to, it was he himself, Hwiyoung.