Chapter Nine - Dreaming of Moons

Operation jump over the fence and find Michiru had officially begun when Kakashi set off an explosion of some kind at the front gate before strolling up the pathway like he owned the place.

While he was distracting everyone the Genin started carrying everyone over the back fence. I managed to climb over the fence on my own without much effort, my physical stats had definitely grown beyond your average human at this point, if only just.

We made it into the castle without being seen.

Everyone had moved towards the front of the building to either watch the chaos or try and fight Kakashi. Korega seemed to know where he was going because he brought us through a series of hallways, staircases, and doors without hesitation.

Kakeru was looking pretty worn down by all the running around, and Hikaru was just too short to keep up with the pace, so we had to slow down to a fast walk to stay as a group. The range of Energy Sense was now high enough that I could feel several floors above and below me.

We stopped at the entrance to a massive room and the soldiers held the door open to check everything. The sides of the chamber had balconies and staircases that stretched to the top of the castle, and the throne room, our destination. Naruto, Sakura, and Lee were all talking quietly to Hikaru, while I was crouched next to Kakeru and Korega.

Kakeru was finally starting to get his breath back, the poor guy.

"It's clear," The soldier the doorway announced. "Let's go."

He led us to the righthand side of the massive room and up the first flight of stairs. Just as we cleared it I felt Kongo's energy signature come into range above us, as he slowly made his way down the stairs.

"Incoming!" I called out, "Ninja, three stories up, coming down the stairs, it's the big dude."

Everybody stopped right near the stairwell and turned to face me, before turning back to where I was pointing to the roof, tracking him with my finger. The three ninjas spoke quickly to each other before Lee stepped forward.

"I'll handle it." Lee said confidently, "Go on ahead, use the other stairs."

Naruto clapped him on the shoulder before starting to lead us around the balcony to the other side.

"Lee," I called as we left, "Kick his ass!"

Lee just grinned.

We just made it to the other side of the room by the staircase just as Kongo stepped down in front of Lee. Kongo glanced over at us for a moment before dismissing the lot of us and taking a threatening step towards Lee, but I lost sight of them when we crested the stairs.

Another energy signature popped up a couple of stories above us, clinging to a wall.

"Three stories up, the small one, crawling on a wall," I called out immediately.

Korega cursed under his breath, and Sakura turned to glance at me intently.

"We can't go back down, we will have to break through," Korega said seriously.

We kept on moving until we were on the floor below her.

Naruto and Sakura rushed up the stairs ahead of us in a burst of speed to engage the ninja. We waited on the stairs for almost a minute, and I could feel at least twenty massive chakra signatures appear out of nowhere to engage her.

Naruto's Shadow Clones I guessed, Sakura stuck her arm over the banister and waved us up. We moved quickly and there was a brief moment when I could see the clones fighting someone on the wall down the hallway before we cut straight past them and up the next flight of stairs.