Chapter Twenty One - Dreaming of Wave

"In the interest of seeing whether or not you actually have any worthwhile information," Tsunade said evenly, "I would like to ask you some questions immediately."

I hummed thoughtfully.

"Neither of my precious students has eaten in a while," I said easily, "I'll answer three questions for now."

"Sora-sensei!" Fu cheered.

"I am not your student," Karenbana said, annoyed.

"Then why do I school you in every single fight we have ever had ever?" I said immediately. "Idiot."

Karenbana gaped at me in disbelief.

"Three questions then," Tsunade cut in levelly before we could get further distracted.

I just nodded.

"What are the identities of all the members of Akatsuki that you are aware of?" Tsunade said evenly.

A decently worded question, she was clearly trying to maximize the gain from each.

"Kakuzu and Hidan," I said easily, "Deidara and Sasori. Itachi and Kisame. Nagato and Konan. Obito Uchiha. Oh, and Orochimaru used to be a member, but he quit after Itachi kicked his ass."

Tsunade looked alarmed.

"You probably knew some of them already, though," I said thoughtfully, "There were a couple of guys that were in it before that but were killed. I don't know their names though; one was another of the mist sword guys."

"Where are they working out of?" Tsunade said intently.

"Amegakure," I said easily, "I would suggest you not send anyone there anytime soon."

Tsunade was quiet for a long moment as she considered the bait I had left before her.

"Why?" Tsunade finally said.

"That's your third question," I said easily, "Nagato has a technique that makes it permanently rain there, and he can sense anybody who is touched by even a single drop; there are probably multiple other sensor ninjas there as well."

Tsunade narrowed her eyes at the answer.

"I'll give you this one for free," I said slowly, "Being detected trying to covertly enter the village is why you shouldn't try and sneak in there, but the reason why it's a really bad idea to go there at all? Nagato is a motherfucker to deal with."

Tsunade just stared at me; doing the silence makes people keep on rambling technique, but I wasn't quite finished yet anyway, so I let her have this one as well.

"You're probably thinking to yourself, hey, he can't be that bad, maybe I'll send Jiraiya in to take a look." I said cheerfully, "So I'll just tell you this, Nagato could probably fight every single member of the Akatsuki at once and win, if you don't believe me, you should probably just ask Danzo, I think he fought him once, or something."

"How do you know all of this?" Tsunade demanded.

I just grinned at her.

"If you want to know that," I said cheerfully, "You'll have to buy me a drink first."

I spun on my foot and then immediately stopped in the doorway; I could feel Karenbana and Fu move to follow me.

"I was going to do the cool exit thing," I said sheepishly, "But I realize I have no idea where anything in this city is. Can someone take me to a restaurant? I'm super hungry."

"Sakura," Tsunade said dryly.

"Yes, Tsunade-sensei," Sakura said strained, before heading towards us.

Sakura stepped around us and then out of the room before waiting for us to follow.

"Don't forget our bet!" I said cheerfully.

I stepped out into the hall and then followed Sakura.

"You are worse then I remember," Sakura muttered.

"He gets worse every day," Karenbana said honestly.

"He's not that bad!" Fu said happily.

"That's why you're my favorite apprentice," I said honestly.

"Yay!" Fu cheered.

Karenbana huffed.

Sakura took us to the ramen place from the show, and it was pretty damn good, all things considered. She also told us what she had been doing since we had last met, namely becoming a medic-nin. I found it remarkably funny that Karenbana actually seemed to get along with Sakura, despite their past history.

"Why do you keep laughing?" Karenbana said suspiciously.

I ducked my head down and slurped noisily at my noodles, far too busy to explain myself.

"Sakura," I said curiously, "Who do you think will agree to train these two?"

Sakura swallowed the noodles in her mouth before answering.

"Um." Sakura said hesitantly, "Gai will probably agree?"

I stared at her dryly, one of four? Seriously.

"That's Lee's teacher? Fu in green spandex would be a thing to see." I said, amused.

"Spandex?" Fu said curiously.

Sakura fought down a smile.

"Karenbana here is rather good with all that genjutsu nonsense," I said idly, "Do you think Kurenai would be down to teach her something?"

I could feel Karenbana staring at the side of my head.

"I'm really not sure, sorry," Sakura said honestly.

I waved her off.

I could feel several strong presences in the Hokage's office, and they had been there for a while now. One was definitely Kakashi; it felt as distinctive as it had back in Moon, only it was a considerable size larger and denser; he had clearly been training a lot since then.

The others were harder to guess at, other than their chakra ranged from lower Jonin to almost as large as Tsunade's.

Obviously, I could feel the team Tsunade had sent to follow us around the village. Jounin's, all of them, probably ANBU because I could feel that same purple-haired one that had led us up to the tower. They were still there even hours later when Sakura had taken us to a hotel with a room already purchased and ready to go.

Sakura bid us farewell, with the promise to meet up again soon, seemingly leaving us alone in the room. If not for the ANBU team that I could still feel spreading throughout the building. I would almost have thought we were alone.

"Don't say anything you don't want the six ANBU who are watching us to hear," I said easily and flopped down onto one of the two queen-sized beds. "This is my bed, you too can mud wrestle for the other one, but only if I'm allowed to spectate."

"We can wrestle or share!" Fu said happily. "I don't mind, Karenbana-senpai!"

Karenbana sat heavily at the end of the other bed.

"Please don't feed into his delusions, Fu." Karenbana said, resignedly, "He's bad enough without the support."

I just laughed.

"Well, this went rather well, don't you think?" I said; happily, the bed was soft and much better than that shitty wagon we had spent weeks on the back of.

"When were you going to tell me about this training thing?" Karenbana said intently, declaring herself as an enemy.

"Yeah!" Fu said curiously, throwing her support in.

Such betrayal.

"I wasn't," I yawned, "You would have been all snooty about it, 'My names Karenbana, and I don't need training because I'm SOOO strong!'"

"I will come over there, and you will not like what I do to you," Karenbana said dangerously, "ANBU team or not."

I had a once in a lifetime chance to impress a bunch of battle-hardened special operatives, and I couldn't let this little spitfire ruin it for me.

"Oh, Karenbana!" I moaned loudly, "You're so good at that! Don't stop!"

"Shut up!" Karenbana yelped, before crossing the room in an instant to rain blows down on me.

"You're being too rough, Karenbana!" Fu gasped out, "Do it slowly!"

"Don't encourage him!" Karenbana cried embarrassedly.

Despite the painfully precise punches, I couldn't help feeling proud of myself, because one of the chakra signatures was twitching oddly, almost as if they were laughing."Day three of being stuck in Konoha," I said plainly, "The days are long, boring, and I'm beginning to see enormous faces growing out of the mountain, possibly something in the water."

The person on the other side of the door still didn't move.

"I was supposed to leave yesterday, and if the person on the other side of the door doesn't get their ass in here so we can get this over with, they are going to have to wait until I get back from my trip." I continued in the same bored tone.

The door opened and revealed Tsunade standing on the other side; she didn't enter the waiting room; instead, she held the door open expectantly.

"You almost make it sound like torture," Tsunade said, amused.

I sprung up out of the chair and strode towards the door.

"Spending time with you could never be torture, Tsunade," I said cheerfully and stepped over the threshold. "Unless you were actually torturing me, then it would totally be torture, you know?"

"Flattery will get you everywhere," Tsunade said dryly, and I grinned.

Tsunade led me through the building.

"I'm still hoping for that drink, to be honest," I said easily. "Just think, you, me, a night filled with passion and regret, how could anyone say no?"

Tsunade shook her head, amused.

"You would need a lot more than just information for me to consider that," Tsunade smirked.

Ouch, she was completely without mercy.

"How about Kakuzu's body, Kekai Genkai, included?" I said cheekily, "That's got to be worth a one-night stand, at least."

"Did you just offer me a dead body in exchange for sex?" Tsunade said incredulously.

"That depends on whether it worked or not," I said seriously.

"Has it ever worked before?" Tsunade said strangely.

"This is the first time it's worked," I said confidently.

Tsunade stared at me for a long moment.

"I am twice your age," Tsunade said, bemused.

I shrugged.

"You're pretty, I'm prettier," I said easily, "Who cares?"

"You're almost like a younger Jiraiya," Tsunade said honestly.

"Don't be ridiculous, Tsunade," I said strangely, "Jiraiya never got to have three consecutive one-night stands with you."

Tsunade snorted before opening the door and stepping over the threshold; I followed her inside to find a girl standing next to the window with her back turned to us. The room was pretty much like every other room in the hospital, white floors, white walls, white ceiling. A small bed that was recently used judging by the messy blankets, a bedside table, and there was even a small bathroom.

"Yakumo-san." Tsunade said pleasantly, "How are you feeling today?"

Yakumo turned around and smiled.

"Tsunade-sama," Yakumo said kindly, "Today is a good day, thank you for asking."

Yakumo, Yakumo, Yakumo.

Why did that name sound familiar? The girl's face jogged absolutely no memories whatsoever; she was plain, had kind of gaunt cheeks, perhaps slightly underweight, with longish brown hair.

I observed her.