Chapter Seventeen - Dreaming of Goals

We headed north towards the border of The Land of Mountains and the Land of Iron, more because I didn't want to go back towards Suna than having any actual concrete goal in that area, it was a pretty long journey to Taki no matter which way we went, I just preferred snow to sand.

The walking was dull, mostly because the landscape was so barren, but I noticed a distinct drop in temperature the closer to the border we got, and the entire time I kept coming back thinking of what I had to do.

I was sure that I had forgotten more of the events that had happened before Shippuden, and I was desperately hoping that there wasn't another spin-off game of some sort that was going to destroy the world that I hadn't ever gotten around to playing.

Shadow demon guy, the Bloodline stealing guy, Zero Tails plus Sky Ninja.

Those were all things that were coming up later, and I was hoping something would jog my memory, and I would remember some of the others, but until then, I still only had a single goal.

Killing Hidan and Kakuzu, and once again, my thoughts had come full circle.

How the hell was I going to sell this to Karenbana? The Janin was something unplanned that we had just gotten caught up in, but I'd been planning on fighting these two since I figured out where I was. I suppose I would have to give her another chance to bail out before then. I didn't want to fight them if I was being honest, so I wasn't going to try forcing anyone else either.

"Karenbana," I said slowly.

"Sora?" Karenbana said curiously.

"I have decided on my next goal," I said cheerfully. "Care to guess what It is?"

Karenbana raised an eyebrow at me.

"Is it another sword?" Karenbana said thoughtfully, "No, you said you had a list of people you wanted to get revenge on or something."

Not quite what I had said, they hadn't done anything to me to warrant 'revenge.' It was more like a pre-emptive murder attempt, really. Should I pick up another sword? I knew where one was and had a decent idea on some others. I'd think more about it later.

"Something like that," I said cheerfully, "There are two people I need to kill in about a year from now."

Karenbana tilted her head.

"Why do you need to kill them?" Karenbana asked curiously.

I blinked; I thought for sure she would ask who I was trying to kill first, huh. I suppose I should just tell her now and get it out of the way.

"The world is going to end unless I kill a specific bunch of people," I said cheerfully, "Probably."

Karenbana was quite for a long moment, and I absolutely knew, even without looking at her, that she was staring straight at the side of my head, but I just remained silent as her annoyance slowly rose at my complete lack of details.

"Why is the world going to end?" Karenbana said tightly, "How would you even know something like that?"

"Good questions," I said cheerfully while ignoring them both completely; that was another rabbit hole I wasn't going down right now. "The two people I intend to kill are kind of annoying to kill."

Karenbana reached out to grab me by the shoulder, but I juked to the side, already expecting it. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice-

Fuck you, she still got me.

Karenbana turned me around to face her and then crossed her arms across her chest, staring up at me dangerously.

"There is a whole host of threats all over the place that could cause the world to end," I said honestly, "I'm probably going to have to kill at least some of them; listing them all would be totally annoying."