Chapter Thirteen - Dreaming of EXP

The Konoha Shinobi had started their assault.

I stood up and left our half-eaten food behind before heading towards the door. We didn't know much about this ninja other than he was a Jounin. The other two brothers had extraordinary techniques, though, so it stood to reason that this guy either had something just as strange going on.

Obviously, something to do with fire if he was the guy starting all the fires.

So the plan that Naruto had come up with was pretty simple, but that was fine because simple plans usually worked, complicated ones often fucked up somewhere along the way. Naruto, Choji, Hinata would be assaulting the front gates and making a lot of noise. They also had Haruna with them who was being guarded by Yurinojo, because she had wanted to be there when we took Renga down.

Crazy lady.

They would be drawing out Renga, and Karenbana would be sneaking around to take out the other Genin that was supposedly working with the guy, more of the same that had attacked Karenbana and me already. I could feel about twelve ninjas around that had less chakra then Hinata.

Could Karenbana beat twelve genins?

If they worked together, it would be difficult; supposedly three was enough to take down a 'Jounin' in the anime, what a load of bullshit that was. I'd seen hundreds of Naruto clones get killed by one Jounin just last night, and Naruto was far above these guys.

Karenbana had her invisibility trick as well; it would be completely one-sided.

As far as anyone should know, I was just a random civilian wandering around so I would make my way to somewhere where I could get an angle at the Jounin guy and then snipe him. When it enviable failed, or I missed, I was going to run to a new location and try again while the others distracted him.

I headed out onto the street, tracking the Jounin's chakra to make sure I keep at least a dozen buildings in between us at all times. The enemy Genin was all over the place already. Karenbana had even managed to take one of them down, already judging by how his signature just disappeared.

Renga was somehow a great deal higher than even the buildings were standing now, and when I stared up into the air, I almost immediately noticed him in the distance, he was casually walking across the sky like it was nothing, on some kind of invisible chakra platform. What the hell, that was some Bleach nonsense right there? Why hadn't I seen these three in the show? I moved closer to the building to stay out of his sight, making sure to move slowly and not draw his attention. Each step he took, something shined briefly under his feet, an invisible circular platform of some kind.

I observed him while I had the chance.

Name: Renga
Title: Janin
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Level: 237
Next Level: 39.37%
Health Points - 2070/2070
Chakra Points - 4160/4160
Vitality 207 
Strength 203 
Speed 200 
Perception 107 
Intelligence 112 
Chakra 416 
Status Effects: N/A.
Emotions: Suspicion, Anger.
History: Renga is one of the three brothers that share the title Janin. They are from a distant nation and are all powerful, Jounin. Renga has assumed the role of Daimyo within the Land of the Vegetables after he killed the previous Daimyo. Renga is a master of the katana and uses a rare form of Ice Release.

Ice release? I guess I was wrong about him being the guy lighting the fires.

So what was he doing now exactly? Making platforms with thin sheets of clear ice? I remembered Haku being able to make mirrors that floated effortlessly; I guess this was something similar? He was out of the range for Line Spear at the moment, so I would need to make my way closer.