Chapter Fourteen - Dreaming of Keys

Karenbana and I stayed in the capital for three days.

Naruto, Hinata, and Choji had all gone to retrieve the merchants they had originally supposed to have been escorting here before their mission had been revealed to be a scam.

Haruna had immediately taken her place as the Daimyo, while Yurinojo stayed close by her side. The villagers here seemed to be much happier with the Janin gone, and the daughter of their sorely missed Daimyo returned.

I asked around town for information on the supposed ferry that left from the Land of Vegetables to the Land of Neck once every two months only to find that it had left only days before. Which meant we had two options, the first was to stay in the capital for just under two months waiting for the ferry to return.

The second was to pass through the Land of the Keys and along the edge of the Land of Demons.

I hadn't wanted to go through the Land of Demons at all, because I knew that there was a bunch of evil ninjas, a sinister shadow tentacle being, and an immortal statue army there. I was almost certain Naruto hadn't killed that thing until after Shippuden, which meant it was still there.

I very vaguely remembered something about the Land of Keys as well, it was an anime arc about a hidden village filled with spies. Kakashi, and some ninja lady that banged once or something, and he let her escape? I'm reasonably sure that had already happened, though, because Sasuke had been in that arc, and they were all still kids at the time.

I think we would have to risk going past the spy village and along the end of the Land of Demons because there was no way in hell I was waiting for another two months for my awesome sword. I wanted my god damned Dragonblade dammit.

Naruto and his team eventually returned with the merchants, and with there mission finally completed, they left the capital with some kind of fancy looking scroll to deliver from the newest Daimyo of the Land of Vegetables to the Hokage of the Leaf.

A trade deal? An alliance? No idea.

I made sure to see them off, and then we left for the Land of Keys.

--------

"Are you really going to just keep on ignoring me?" Karenbana said, annoyed.

I was absolutely going to keep on ignoring her, I was still incredibly pissed off for the shuriken ordeal she had put me through, but what really got to me was that she wouldn't even apologize for it! We had three separate arguments about it back at the capital, and the next time the conversation had turned back to it, I had decided just to ignore her until I finally managed to cool down, but she was making it exceedingly difficult, though.

"Sora?" Karenbana said quietly.

The capital was actually pretty close to the border of the Land of Keys already, so it was actually only a two-day trip, and there was a significant change in the landscape to signify the difference, with the unending forestry abruptly ending. Instead, there were vast, flat plains of tall grass with massive boulders scattered for miles.

"Sora," Karenbana complained.

I had decided on sticking as close to the coastline as I could get because if I had to walk through the Land of the Demons, it was going to be along with the god damned beach. There was practically no sand as well, which was amazing because I didn't even want to think about the stuff.

"Sora." Karenbana huffed. "Stop ignoring me!"

It looked like a lake from here, but in actuality, the water in this area flowed all the way from the ocean, through a long channel between the Land of Fantasy and the Land of Savana, both incredibly silly names, before opening up into this massive body of water.