Just 'Bro Things'

(Mark POV)

We discussed some video ideas, filmed some, and Ethan went home. Luckily we made enough videos to keep us on track for the next three days. That should be a good enough time to let Ethan get back in the right mindset. I walk to my recording room, sit in my chair, and get to work. There isn't much work to do, since my crew does most of the editing, so I finish relatively quickly. I go to send the files off but I hesitate and play one of the videos. While watching, I realize that I did this just to watch Ethan laugh again. His laugh really is adorable. So is his smile. I know I say mean things a lot, but I hope he knows that I'm just joking and that he's actually beautiful. Oh God. I really gotta figure out what's happening. I think about him all the time, and at first I thought that it was just because we hang out a lot. But now, while watching him laugh, watching him smile, it's different. I keep thinking about how cute he is. That isn't just some "bro thing." Clinching my chest, wanting to curl up in a ball and squeal definitely isn't a "bro thing." I don't want to admit it, but I think I really like him. I sigh and send off the files. Deciding to go take a shower, I get up from my chair. As I'm walking down the hall I yell to Amy, "I'm gonna go shower!" She quickly replies from the living room, "Okay! Do you want to order takeout tonight?" I guess I could use some takeout food right now. I've been trying to eat healthy, but it's been a long day. "Sure! Try not to get anything too unhealthy," I request. Amy says that she knows and I shut the bathroom door as I get inside, taking off my clothes.
I feel the water rushing down my back as I'm lost in thought. I can't believe I've never realized how much I appreciate Ethan. He's so sweet and funny and charming and goofy. I just want to give him hugs and squish his face and tell him, "You're adorable, no matter what I say, no matter what anyone else says, not even you." I feel myself smile just thinking of how he'd react. I take a deep breath and feel all the steam go down my throat. I run water through my hair and try to figure out how to bring this up with Amy. I respect her too much to keep such big secrets from her. She deserves the truth. She'll probably find out anyway, so it might as well be from me. I sigh as I put shampoo in my hand and massage it into my scalp. Man, is this going to be a fun conversation. I sigh once more as I finish my shower.