Waiting

(Mark POV)

I looked Ethan up and down. "Well, I-" I tried to speak but Ethan interrupted me. "I-I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't have asked. It's none of my business, you don't have to tell me." He looked away and started fidgeting with his shirt.
I gently put my hand on his chin, lifting his face up to look at me.
He looked into my eyes, his face turned bright red, and he quickly looked away. He avoided eye contact as best as he could with his face in my hand.
To put it truthfully I liked watching him squirm.
It was cute.

Seeing how he reacted to even the smallest things told me all I needed to know.

"Well, Ethan," I said, bringing my face to where he was looking, "I believe I've taken a certain liking... to you."

I just needed to hear it from him.

(EEF POV)

I looked into Mark's eyes. They were honest. But they also looked like he was expecting something. Waiting. An answer maybe? "aaAAhh," I tried to speak normally, but I was overrun with all my feelings.
I cleared my throat and did my best to form an intelligible sentence.  "Well uhh, wow. Haha, I'm not sure what to say I-" Mark cut me off, "You don't have to say anything. All you have to do is nod or shake your head. Okay?" I nodded. Mark took a breath then spoke, "Do you have the same feelings for me as I have for you?" I chewed on my lip and nodded once more.

(Mark POV)

"Thank you."
I moved my hand to his cheek. God, he's adorable. I really want to kiss him now. God dammit he's so beautiful. "Is it okay if I-" I started to ask a question but Ethan seemed to already know the answer. He nodded and wrapped his arms around my neck. He moved his body closer and let out a shakey sigh.
I grabbed his waist with my other hand and looked into his eyes, they were more blue at the time. Beautiful.
I leaned in close and Ethan eagerly closed the gap between us.
Our lips touched and I felt like everything had slowed down. Like the world stopped just for me. Just for us.
We moved ours mouths together gently, savouring the moment. I felt Ethan pull away.
He took a deep breath and started to giggle, which in turn made me laugh with him.
"What?" I said in between laughs.
In a broken sentence Ethan said, "I just, I'm really happy." Tears formed in his eyes and I quickly wiped them away.
"Me too."
I pulled him into a hug and we stood there for a moment, hugging, swaying, and sometimes laughing again.
I didn't care about anything else. I only wanted to think about how much I loved Ethan and how happy I was in that moment.
He pulled back from the hug and kissed me again. This kiss was more passionate and drawn out, letting us get out more of our feelings.
We stopped kissing and rested our foreheads together. I gave out a small chuckle and whispered,

"I love you, Ethan."

"I love you too, Mark."