'Thank You' Breakfast

First of all, I want to thank everyone that helped me get to 1k reads. I'm so appreciative of you guys, you don't even know. This chapter might be a little longer than the others, so bear with me. Now, back to the story!! 💕💖

(Mark POV)

I woke up the next morning. I sat up and felt my back ache as I remembered that I was sleeping on the couch in Ethan's recording room. I grabbed my phone and checked the time, 8:23 am. I stretched my arms and felt my back pop. I threw the blanket I had used last night off and swung my legs over the side of the couch. I grabbed some clothes from the closet and changed into a Cloak brand hoodie and some jeans. I opened the door and walked into the bathroom across the hall. As I brushed my teeth, I thought to myself. Ethan is probably going to be asleep for a few more hours, so I should probably make us some breakfast. I can try to make something fancy, since I'll have so much time before he wakes up, and it can be some sort of a "thank you" for letting me stay here. I wonder what kind of ingredients he has. I'll have to go look. I finish up in the bathroom and walk into the kitchen. Now to figure out what to make...

(Ethan POV)

I awake to clanging in the kitchen. I shoot up but quickly realize Mark stayed over last night and all the noise was probably him. What the hell is he doing?? I check the time on my phone. 9:17 am. Ughhhhh. He always wakes up so earlyyyy. I lay back down and curl into a ball, holding my head in my arms. I'm dreadfully tired, but with all the fucking racket he's making, I don't think I'll get a chance to go back to sleep. I groan, but sit up. I stay there for a moment, letting myself wake up, and eventually get out of bed. I throw on a shirt and head into the kitchen. I see Mark scrambling in my fridge and cabinets, grabbing something, putting it in a bowl, squinting at his phone, and dashing off to the next thing. "Mark, what in the fuck are you doing?" He glances at me and then back to the bowl he started mixing things in. "Oh, hey, what're you doing up so early? Did I wake you? Sorry, I just figured that I could make us breakfast. Kinda as a thanks for letting me stay here. Also, I didn't really have anything else to do so..." I look around my kitchen, once clean and tidy, now with flour on the counter, and different ingredients scattered on the table in a chaotic array. I sigh, "Thanks man, but you really didn't have to do all this." He looks at me and then the table, "Oh! Don't worry about the mess, I'll clean it up. Why don't you go sit and wait for breakfast?" Mark nods his head towards my living room. I've honestly got nothing better to do, so I grab my Nintendo Switch and sit down on the couch. I yell to Mark in the kitchen, "Hey! Let me know if you need any help!" I really hope he doesn't set my house on fire or something. Although, he did do pretty well in the 'Markiplier Makes' series. He yells back at me, "Nah, nah, just relax! I got this!" I smile to myself and roll my eyes. "OkAy," I whisper and open up Animal Crossing.