Today's a Good Day

(Ethan POV)

I slowly open my eyes and see sunlight peeking in through the blinds on my window. I play with my hair for a bit, not wanting to get up, and eventually sit up and check the time. My clock reads 11:14 pm. That's a lot earlier than I've been waking up, so I count it as an achievement. I swing my legs to the side of the bed and sit there for a moment, trying to fully wake up. Eventually, I stand up, go brush my teeth, then go feed Spencie.
I come back to my room to get dressed. I look through my clothes and after some time, I settle on my favorite button down, some skinny jeans with rips in the knees, and some pineapple socks. I giggle to myself as I cuff my jeans.
I head into the living room and grab my keys from beside the door. "Wanna go on a walk?!" I ask Spencer excitedly and watch his ears immediately perk up at the word "walk." He barks happily and wags his tail. Some puppy talk and a leash later, we head out the door. We head to a dog park nearby that me and Spencer used to visit all the time before I needed a break. Spencer walks swiftly in front of me, I'm sure he knows where we're going. He seems to enjoy the fresh air and I watch him blink in the sunlight as we walk along. When we get there, I shut the gate behind me and take off Spencer's leash, letting him run free and greet the other dogs. Spencer is generally shy, so it's nice to see him get along with other dogs, especially since there's so many. I sit down in a shaded area and take in the nice breeze. Today really was a great day to go on a walk. Random puppies come and go, some come to say 'hi' to me while others roam around and play with the other dogs. I pick up conversation with other dog owners here and there and after a while I'm bored and ready to go. I pick up the leash and call my Spencie. He is reluctant to go, but eventually comes to me. I attach his leash and we head off. On the way home, I feel my stomach growl and I notice I forgot to eat breakfast. I check my watch and see that it's already lunch time. Brunch it is, then. I decide to go to get something to eat, seeing as I don't have a lot of breakfast food in my fridge, and I walk faster as the hunger grows on me.
I let Spencer inside the house. I take off his leash, give him a treat, and make sure he's fed and watered before I head back out. I get into my car and start the engine. I decide that today would be a good day to try something new, so I head to the coffee shop a few blocks down the road that just opened. I order a caramel frappe with extra caramel (because of course) and a sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich. I get the food and drive home to enjoy my meal. Today's gonna be a good day. I can feel it already.