𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙚𝙣

*Hours later*

It's 1:27 in the morning and Kara just got home.

I heard her sigh in content as she took her shoes off.

I walked up to her.

"Hello Kara, How is it?" I asked.

"I have a very painful headache, please keep it down." She said, rubbing her temple.

"Will sweets help your headache?" I asked softly.

She looked at me with a 'What did you just say?' look.

"Will sweets help your headache?" I asked a little louder.

"Sweets?" She asked.

"Yes." I said, trying to contain my smile.

"You made sweets?" She asked, her voice trailing off.

I nodded.

"Like what?"

I smiled as I went to the fridge, pulling out the cake with frosting on it.

Her jaw dropped in excitement.

"You made this?" She asked.

"Mhmm, I did, I also made some cookies but Tom came over and stole one." I said, giggling softly.

She smiled widely and then she hugged me.

"Thank you."

"You think that I would want to miss your birthday?" I asked as I hugged back.

She giggled softly and then she pulled away.

"So where are the cookies, these better be homemade or else I will cry." She threatened.

I laughed, and I reached on top of the fridge, pulling the cookies off the fridge.

"Of course they're homemade, I know how much you love my baking." I said, crossing my arms as Kara fumbles around for a glass of milk.

I smiled at her as she pulled the plastic wrap off the cookies, and she picked one up, and she took a bite.

Her eyes went wide.

She looked at me with puppy eyes.

I smiled at her.

I could've sworn that a tear went down her cheek.

"This is so good!" She said, and she started smiling so much.

"Thank you, I always make my food with love, especially for someone like you." I said, grinning ear to ear.

She smiled widely.

"Thank you so much, y/n." She said.

"No problem. Happy birthday Kara." I said, smiling widely.

Her lip quivered and she smiled.

"There isn't any words in the English language to explain how much I love you." She said, taking another bite of her cookie.

"I think someone wants the cake wants to be cut." I said, grabbing a knife to cut the cake.

She giggled "Yes, they do."

I cut the cake and I put a slice on a plate and I gave it to Kara.