Chapter One

Lisanna Moore's P. O. V

Smile stretched wide and eyes crinkled, I try my best to not show the facade I've delicately built up, not wanting the woman standing in front of me to see how desperately I want for her to leave my sights and, instead, walk out the door that stands directly behind her. Nodding my head once in acknowledgment of her words, the pretty brunette throws me a smile that's as fake as mine is before she turns on her heel and marches out of the open door.

Once the wooden barrier comes between us, I let out a loud sigh as my nimble fingers dart to the creases lining my forehead, tenderly massaging my aching temples while my flaccid smile turns into a fierce scowl.

I've not even been in the office for a total of twenty minutes and already I want to head home and dive deep into the recesses of my warm bed, I'm sure it'll still have traces of my body heat if I left this second. The scowl on my face deepens as I bite back a curse, knowing I'll be fired this very second if my boss catches me with one heeled foot outside of the buildings premises. Schooling my face into a dour expression, I throw my shoulders back in order to loosen up my muscles, ignoring the creaks and cracks that come out of my rickety bones that make me sound like I'm crossing into my sixties rather than being a fit and active youthful adult.

Okay maybe the fit and active part is stretching it a bit. Just a bit.

Glancing back down at my open laptop, I take in the headings plastered over the newest articles that have been released for the day, clicking through various tabs and taking in the different bold and ostentatious titles with pictures taking up the important news for the day. My eyebrows raising higher and higher up with each new article I see, although they all say more or less the same thing.

How exciting.

The exhilaration in my talkative mind is lacklustre as the tension migraine I can feel building up in my temples starts to make its way around the back of my head. I can already tell my ass is going to be on the line along with the rest of the people in the firm I work at to grab our hands onto the latest scoop that's taking over the tabloids. My eyes flicker down once more to the picture that catches my attention while my thoughts run to how my boss would just love to have these people be one of our clients. I mean it would boost up our company's name even further and not to mention will bring a lot of future investments in the form of A list celebrities and the sort when their agents seek us out to be part of maintaining their good image in public relations.

However, one wrong move and we'll end up flat out on the streets with our names in black if we end up taking on such a large client and it backfiring on us by their image and reputation getting slandered in front of the media.

Someone remind me why I wanted to be in the PR business side of things.

Taking a peek at the open fashion and entertaining based e-magazine once more, I flip the lid of my laptop shut as I tilt my head from left to right, trying to get the kinks out of my neck as I hear faint popping sounds. Grimacing at my rickety bones, I glance down to my phone laying just besides my laptop as it lights up and illuminates the time for me as a notification pops through. The one notification that has my stomach churning in anticipation of what's to come.

This could all end in one of two ways. I either end up leaving this office building at the end of the day with a bright smile on my face, or, it's a complete one eighty and instead, I'm wiping away smudged eyeliner and mascara due to the onslaught of tears that keep running down the span of my cheeks.

Gathering my frayed nerves together as best as I can, I grab ahold of my mobile since I know it'll help me keep my fidgety hands occupied, an annoying trait I've acquired whenever I'm thrown in the deep end of a volatile situation. Standing up, I smooth down my skirt and blouse to the best of my abilities before I take in one last deep nervous inhale and steel myself for what's coming, pushing the throbbing migraine to the back of my consciousness so that it doesn't distract me in any way.