𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12: 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞

Btw-
For the people who wonder about how Story Updates are-

I update this story on Sundays and/or Saturdays~
(*˘︶˘*)..:*

(but main updates are Sundays~)

P.S.- thank you for the lovely comments, votes, and follows~ I didn't expect this book to get anyone's attention lol~

~Starry
_________________

~Recap~

Ayako exhaled softly before fully concentrating. The man with the glasses and smirked. He also wanted to see what this girl could do. He tossed the ball up and jumped, before lightly smacking it.

Daichi's eyes widened as he noticed it was a jump float. He watched as it slowly made it's way to Ayako, who seemed unsurprised.

The ball dropped in slow motion in her eyes. Nobody saw her move so fast, as she dived and received the ball back up to the front. Kageyama quickly regained his composure and set the ball for Tanaka, who spiked the ball down, gaining them the first point.

Ayako stood up and smiled a bit. Coach Ukai smirked while Takeda Sensei and the others looked at her in disbelief. She stretched a bit more before going back to her spot.

Things are going to get interesting.

~Back to the Present~

Ayako sighed, getting back into position. She wished she mentioned she was also a middle blocker.

Ayako had to be the Libero for her last team since that Libero had an injury that forbid them from playing again.

"Woohooo!! Ayako~chann for the save!!"

Hinata cheered, patting her on the back before running back to his spot. Ayako gave him a quick smile before returning her attention.

Takeda Sensei adjusted his glasses, turning to Coach Ukai.

"I've never seen a serve like that, it didn't seem to have much momentum."

"Its a jump float serve. Its thrown into the air without any spin, giving it a shaky trajectory."

Coach Ukai narrowed his eyes, watching Ayako's form. He didn't believe how calm she was when she received the ball back.

I definitely underestimated this girl. She's got good observational skills, she knew the ball wasn't gonna fall exactly infront of her..

It was Hinata's turn to serve. He lightly tossed the volleyball into the air, before smacking it towards the otherside.

The one with blonde hair quickly received it back to Suga, who got into position. Ayako watched as Suga eyed Asahi for a moment before quickly returning his gaze towards the ball.

"Asahi!"

Ayako did a little jump in her stance.