Prologue

Black tranquility loomed over the horizon

Black tranquility loomed over the horizon. The sun has already completed its tour for the day hours ago, giving access for a new scenery to appear. Tiny bright dots showed their glory in the inky sky and the pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the sea of black. Night has finally came with its usual calming atmosphere.

It was a cool and windy night; trees rustling and swaying along with the passing breeze. A dim light was casted upon the land as the luminous golden city lights were aglow in the distance. Leaving the forest its usual bedimmed setting yet peaceful atmosphere.

But who knew that the forest that night wasn't as serene as they thought it was?

A soldier groaned when the enemy used his face as a foothold to leap to the branch above them. The foe chuckled as the ends of his tailcoat flap with his movements. He stood straight and proper with one arm behind his back. An insulting smile formed on his lips. He tilted his head as he look down at them with mocking and squinching eyes. "Pathetic fools."

"Don't trust Levine Cross."

That was the statement his majesty said directly at their faces after they graduated four years ago. They were confused by the words that escaped from the king's lips, words that wasn't accompanied by his usual sarcasm. The seniors didn't tell them anything regarding the king's words and that only made them even more conscious. Now, they've been enlightened. How naive can they be for not noticing the black spot that's been roaming around their academy?

The soldiers clenched their fist and teeth then immediately took action on pursuing him. He just left a chuckle before he disappeared from his place and is now jumping from one branch to another, being followed by knights in their white and blue uniform.

A devilish smirk played on his lips as his violet eyes look back at all the familiar faces that he has seen for many years. He turned his body to face them as he continue jumping. He chuckled as he watch the angered and desperate look of all alumni. "What's with those looks, my adorable scouts?" he laxly tilted his head to the side when one woman shot a bullet to his direction. He maliciously smiled as he speak with a friendly tone that he always used for the past years, "Oh c'mon now. Weren't you always smiling at me before? You were all so cute, greeting me by the hallway and such."

His sharp eyes glanced sideways when a girl came from his side with a blade in hand that's ready to swing. The girl yelled out her frustration as she swing her sword downwards. He swiftly avoided it by leaning back a little. The girl's eyes are squinching up as she prevent her tears from completely falling.

His mischievous grin got wider as he aggressively grip a handful of her mid-length hair. The girl's eyes widen and she yelped when he pulled her head back up. Without delay, he suddenly slammed her face into a tree's trunk. The wood splintered with the huge force as her face dig into the solid wood.