Kabanata 1

FanArt by Nemia Omilig above
(Thank you!❤)

I watched her lips lift in glee, holding my hand with her small ones as her cheery giggles become a wonderful melody

I watched her lips lift in glee, holding my hand with her small ones as her cheery giggles become a wonderful melody. I longingly stared at her smile for as only the lower half of her face is all I could view. I wish to see her eyes that was always filled with warm fuzzies.

She stopped her joyful hopping before she twirled her body to face me. Her sweet smile that I always knew viewed themselves, "Hey Dad," I hummed to let her continue what she must say. Her head cutely tilted, "Isn't it time?"

I was curious. "For what?"

"Silly," she giggled. My eyes slowly widen as her eerie gaze finally displayed themselves. Her giggles accompanied her sweet words, "Isn't it time for you to die?"

Ero's eyelids slowly revealed his brown orbs after hearing such words from a sweet voice. He stared blankly at the ceiling; void of emotions whatsoever. Only staring wearily at the wooden planks he's tired of seeing every morning after waking up from the repetitive dream.

The room was dark despite having the glorious sun up in the sky just on the other side of his curtains. Kakaunting liwanag lamang ang pumapasok sa magulo niyang silid. Maraming maruruming damit ang nagkalat sa floorboards at iilang mga papel na nilipad ng pumasok na hangin. The bold odor of alcoholic drinks is wafting in every corner.

He let out an exhausted sigh as he cover his eyes with his forearm. Hindi siya gumalaw ng ilang minuto. Nanatili siya sa ganoong pwesto habang pinapakinggan ang bawat pagtunog ng kaniyang orasan. Every tick seemed calming yet maddening as well. The irritating sound he's been listening for almost a decade. After a while, he removed his arm from his face with a dragging action.

He sluggishly pulled his upper body up from the soft mattress that is damped with his sweats. He swung his legs to the side of the bed in a tardy manner. Ilang saglit siyang tumitig sa kurtina na tinatakpan ang bintana bago siya nagpalabas ng isang mahabang buntong hininga. Itinungkod niya ang kaniyang mga siko sa kaniyang mga tuhod at kaniyang sinalo ang kaniyang ulo habang pinapakiramdaman ang pagkulo ng kaniyang tiyan.

Dying in starvation would be nice.

His eyes winced when he felt a painful burn on the side of his neck. His body automatically stood on its own and began to take sluggish steps towards the door. He made his way to the kitchen and prepared a decent breakfast against his will. He clenched his teeth as his hands place the plates on the table. This goddamn...!

He sat down and ate without permission from his will. Even trying to stop himself from swallowing but his efforts never bore fruit. He feel so restrained like a puppet moving by strings. He has no control of his own and it's frustrating him. After finishing all what he has cooked, he huffed like he has finally managed to breath after being suffocated for a long time. He coughed and coughed as he cover his mouth. Some small pieces of rice and chewed eggs are spattering out of his mouth along with all his coughs.