Kabanata 7

[At the laboratory]

[At the laboratory]

Every beep of the machinery he hears seems distant. The figures passing him by from different directions were nothing more but moving shapes not minding his still body in the middle of their paths.

Ero's uninterested eyes remained focus on the incubation chamber filled with bubbles and wires that are connecting to various parts of her form. Pinagmasdan niya ang tila ba lumulutang na buhok nito. Her sleeping face that is being covered with an oxygen mask looked untroubled and the bubbles that are rising to the surface surrounded her physique.

Katulad ng madalas, trabaho niya ang bisitahin ito at tingnan ang kalagayan. Kasama na rin ang pagtulong sa mga research na may kinalaman sa gamot at iba pa. He has to do it everyday just for a small amount of salary.

Ero lowered his head and stick the cigarette between his lips. Gamit ang kaniyang hinlalaki ay pinitik niya pabukas ang takip ng kaniyang lighter at ito'y sinindihan. Siya'y bumulong habang paunti-unting nasusunog ang kabilang dulo ng kaniyang sigarilyo. "You're really one piece of work, you shitty brat." Ero blew smoke as he raises his chin. "Troublesome you are Zai."

"Doctor Tenzou!" Ero's nonchalant gaze shifted to his side when a greeting voice called out to him. A bloated old man with eyes narrowing in a smile is walking towards him, some men in suits are also following behind. "I've heard so much about you! It's such an honor to finally meet an outstanding man like yourself, doctor!"

Ero's eyes sharpened at the suspicious visitor ngunit tinago niya ito sa isang magalang na ngiti. "The same goes for me, Mr. Ramirez."

The old man's eyes widened in amusement. "Ohoh~ what a surprise to realize you know my name."

Kumurba ang isang ngiti sa mga labi ni Ero bilang reply. Your name was in last week's tabloid, you cunt-loving geezer.

Lumipat ang tingin ng matanda sa chamber na katabi lamang ng doctor. There contains the body of an unbelievable being, presently in slumber and barely moving. He hummed at the sight as the side of his lips pull back into a grin. "So it's true. Zaivrin Hevrion is alive indeed." Bahagyang dumilim ang mga mata ni Ero noong makita ang ngisi ng matanda.

Awestrucked by her form, Ramirez mumbled. "What a splendid view." He then followed it with a light laugh. "The last possession of hers I've seen is her blade. It's unfortunate that the academy wouldn't purchase it. What a wasted relic."

Hindi pinansin ni Ero ang mga salita nito. His mind was preoccupied with the fact that someone knew about Zai. Tsk. So rumors began to spread. What caused it? Ero turned his feet towards the visitors' direction. Muling sumilay ang pilit na magalang ngiti nito. "Excuse me for asking Sir but this establishment is private property, how come you had access?" its purpose is also confidential.