Kabanata 5

"Ye'r too persistent, ye wench!"

Ilang beses napaatras ang mga paa ni Asta noong makatanggap siya ng isang malakas na suntok sa kaniyang pisngi. Umigting ang kaniyang panga. The earth produced rasping noises as her foot grate along the surface. Dirts accumulated at the back of her boots as she stand with bended knees. She clenched her teeth and firmed her booted heel on the ground after taking her stance by sliding her one foot back. Muli niyang iniharap ang kaniyang nakatagilid na mukha at binigyan niya ng isang agresibong tingin ang guwardiyang may malaking pangangatawan.

The chains — that are connecting the shackles on her both hands — rattled with her movements. Nanatili siyang tahimik habang pinagmamasdan ang matatalim na mga mata ng malaking guwardiya. Her breaths are shallow, the corner of her lips stings, and her body is weakening because of the Yules that are touching her bare wrists. But she can still move.

The guard's eyes sharpened when the woman slightly bended her knees even more. Without delay, she suddenly blasted from her spot and was about to swing her shackled arms at the man's head. But a strained groan escaped Asta's lips when the man caught her arm by his large hand with ease. Her eyes squinched when the man swung her body over his shoulder and slammed her back to the ground without mercy. She squawked as her body bounced off the surface because of the immense force.

Magkalapit na ang mga kilay ng lalaki and his nose crinkled as he draw his foot back. Pilit na binuksan ni Asta ang isa niyang mata upang tingnan ito. Asta's eyelid quivered as she watch him prepare his leg to kick her. The man roughly yelled, "I told ya, didn't I? The king is not interested in meeting ye!"

Asta produced a restrained yell when the man suddenly kicked her torso with all his strength. Tumalsik ang kaniyang katawan at ilang beses pang tumalbog sa lupa bago ito gumulong at tumigil. She coughed as she lay on her chest. Her head is resting on her extended arm as her eyes remained shut.

Ibinaba ng lalaki ang kaniyang paa at muli niyang sinigawan ang babaeng bigla na lamang pumasok sa palasyo ng walang pahintulot. "Never come back again, ya hear me!? I won't let you go with just a fractured hand next time!" tumalikod na ito at sinarado ang tarangkahan ng kastilyo. He grunt in annoyance as he watch her figure through the gap of the shutting doors. "Don't get full of ye'rselves just because his highness spared yer asses from getting executed. Such arrogant fiends."

Dinig na dinig ang pagsara ng makakapal at malalaking gates ng palasyo. Tila ba umalingawngaw ito sa paligid at pagkalipas ng ilang segundo ay tanging ang paglagpas na lamang ng hangin sa mga puno ang naririnig. Few chirping birds created a calming tune along with the swaying leaves. The setting sun gave the sky a hue of amber; giving the august palace a scenic atmosphere and display. The sight seemed like it came out from a marvelous painting, including the figure of the injured woman who's laying in front of the gallant structure.

Asta clenched her teeth as she weakly try to lift her eyelids. "We're not done yet, you stupid oaf..!" she groaned as she move her aching limbs to lift herself up. She bent her arms and her one knee. She pushed her upper body from the cemented floor and sat on her rear after struggling. She clicked her tongue as she stare at the closed gates that's most likely locked by now. "That fucking dick."