Kabanata 9

Asta exhaled when she finally reached the conference room of their headquarter

Asta exhaled when she finally reached the conference room of their headquarter. Hinayaan na muna niyang kumalma ang kaniyang paghinga bago niya inayos ang kaniyang postura. Tumikhim ito at inangat ang nakatikom na kamay.

But she was surprised when before she could even knock to announce her arrival, the door rushed open and soldiers came running out in a hurry. Maingay ang mga ito habang palabas at tensyunado rin ang mga suot na ekspresyon. They didn't even mind her presence, quite unusual. Do we have a situation?

"Cortman!" bago pa makatugon ang dalaga sa tawag sa kaniya ng kaniyang superior, the man issued an order right off the bat. "The enemy appeared in the academy. I suppose you know what to do?" The man's eyes squinched. I have no choice do I? This woman is the fastest soldier we have.

Asta's eyes sharpened. She then answered with no further request for an explanation. "Yes, Sir. Understood."

"Oi! I told you to stay in your seats, didn't I!?" sigaw ni Sinner habang siya'y nasa tapat ng pintuan. The students who are lined up along the parapet; peering over it to get a view of the field ignored their teacher's yell. "These brats.."

Hinayaan na lamang ito ni Sinner at lumingon na rin siya sa senaryong nangyayari sa gitna ng malawak na field. Well, I guess it's also a good experience for the first years to witness a rare occassion like this.

Isang buntong-hininga ang tumakas sa mga labi ni Rui. He raised his gaze to the red-haired infiltrator and the politeness in his eyes has declined. "Considering your situation, don't you think barging in here is a mistake?" ang seryosong tingin nito ay hindi mababahiran ng hostility. Instead, he's staring at the man's red eyes as if he's simply interrogating him. "There are hundreds of students and dozens of teachers present here. If you are aware of that, why come in uninvited?"

Muling ngumisi ang kanilang bisita and Alen Signa made a small grunt noong mas humigpit ang hawak nito sa kaniyang ulo. Rui immediately noticed it. His skull will be damaged if this continues.

His silver orbs glanced at the students who are on standby at the side; hiding. Tumango ang mga ito, saying that they're ready to jump in any moment.

"Nothing," ibinalik ni Rui ang kaniyang tingin sa mukha ng kanilang bisita noong nagsalita ito. Rui's eyes slowly sharpened when he noticed how bloodthirsty the man is through his berserkly gaze. As if his sanity is hanging by a thread with all those raging bloodlust he is emitting by simply standing like a predator.

The man's words were tuned with a raspy low voice. "I don't care whether you decide to attack me from all sides..." Rui's eyes widen noong lalong lumaki ang ngisi nito. "I won't fail from devouring you alive."

Rui's eyes squinched when a tremendous pressure reached his senses. Mabilis na inangat ni Rui ang kaniyang kamay at binigyan ng signal ang mga nakaabang na estudyante. The students wondered when their captain gestured them to stop. Rui glared at the stranger. He surely didn't come here to play.