Chapter 13

James

Amber and Sapphire picked us up from my house about an hour later. Of course before Amber drove off, my dad came running outside to talk to Amber about Julia, since she was over their house.

She claimed that she was just fine and that she needed 'girl' time... which obviously made my dad feel some type of way.

"...what do you mean she needed girl time? Can't I be the girl time?!" He exclaimed. Amber shook her head at his words, a sly smile appearing on her glossed lips.

"She's surrounded by men all day, uncle Luke. Of course, you and uncle Gabriel are more than enough, but I think she needed a day to do things she likes... like doing my mom's makeup, apparently."

"I-I didn't know she liked that! She can do my makeup or Gabriel's!" He went on. He rambled on and on about how he tries to get stuff that she likes, but she always argues that he's a boy and he won't like doing those things with her. That's what the boys in her class say. He also doesn't really know how to figure out things she likes...

"I'll talk to her when she gets home, dad. We need to go."

His pale skin flushed pink as he looked down at his tight grip on the door of the car. He pulled his hands away, pulling up a hand from his side and waving goodbye to all of us. Sapphire let out a howl of laughter once we pulled away, followed by a deep sigh from Avery.

"Damn, has your dad never been away from Julia? He's going nuts!" Sapphire exclaimed, throwing a hand down on the armrest of the car. I shrugged my shoulders at her question. She hasn't really been away from us besides when she goes to school, I guess. She hasn't made any friends, so she doesn't have play dates and stuff like that.

"I think he's just worked up cause' some boys are picking on her and my grandma has been dealing with some stuff-" I started.

"What do you mean your grandma is dealing with stuff? My mama don't tell me nothing." Amber mumbled to herself.

I don't really know either.

Everybody was at Ayran's house besides Harper. The triplets, Billy, Ayrans friends Keshon and Aladdin, and of course Sapphire and Amber. We sat all on the couches in the living room talking to each other about various things like school and home life... since most of us were related.

"Didn't you invite Harper? Looks like she's the only one who didn't show up!" Billy exclaimed. Ayran shrugged his shoulders, looking over to me with sad eyes.

"She didn't wanna come cause of James. She was talkin' in my ear for about an hour cause apparently he 'broke her heart'." He said, quoting the end part with his fingers. Asher let out a long, loud groan of annoyance at his words.

"She's so annoying, man! She needs to stop worrying about him, you know? They dated a year ago!" Asher exclaimed.

"Yeah. I agree." Avery muttered beside me.

"I think it's time we cut her out if I'm being honest with you. I love her to death, but if she's gonna act like this with James..." Amber muttered to us. She let out a deep sigh afterward, bringing a hand up to her face and resting her chin on it.

"She is kinda bad though," Keshon muttered, breaking the silence of the room and leaving us in laughter.

We eventually started smoking from the bong and hookah once they were set up. Ayran and his friends stuck to the hookah while the triplets and the rest of us stuck to the bong- which tasted great, since Avery filled it up with fruit juice instead of water.