-three-

"happy birthday jonah!" camren and salem spoke in unison as they arrived at the why don't we house. the place was almost shaking, as loud music played.

"thank you!" jonah answered, giving them each a hug. camren handed him the gift, which wasn't wrapped. "thanks! i love it!" he grinned and set it on the small table behind him.

"i'm going to go get a drink!" salem told the two and headed off to the kitchen.

"no beer, lemmy!" camren called after her. both girls were underage.

"corbyn's out back." jonah pointed to the pool, and there she saw the boy and a few other people.

"thanks jo." she nodded and made her way there. she was silent, and no one noticed her. camren snuck up behind corbyn, and tapped his shoulder. she quickly jumped to his other side, making him turn around in a full circle.

"hi cam." he laughed as the two did their handshake.

"i got you good." camren giggled too. suddenly, the music changed to a slow song.

"want to dance?" corbyn asked, nervousness rising in his voice. camren nodded, and the two walked over to a spot in the grass. there were lights above them, even though it was around four o'clock and not dark out.

the song was 'conversations in the dark' by john legend, a favorite of the two. they swayed back and forth slowly, camren's hands around corbyn's neck, and his around her waist. they didn't speak, it was too awkward.

the song finished, and camren replaced her arms to her sides, as corbyn did the same. they walked back over to the pool, finding others to talk to.

-

"come here!" corbyn called into the house.  his band mates, jonah, jack, daniel, and zach, along with camren and salem, were on the couches after the party.

"i'm not going anywhere." jonah sighed, and took a bite of chocolate cake. the other boys nodded in agreement, as did salem. camren shrugged, and got up.

"okay i'm here, what do you want?" she asked him, after closing the back door.

"look!" the boy pointed up to the sky, where you could faintly see the stars. camren followed his gaze, and stopped walking when she was right next to him.

"wow." she spoke, a little sarcastically.

"oh shut up." corbyn rolled his eyes and laid down on the grass, camren following. the two looked up at the stars, but the boy's gaze didn't stay there for long. he turned his head, and focused on camren.

"what are you looking at?" camren shifted her head when she noticed corbyn wasn't stargazing anymore. her breath hitched. they were so close.

they both were drawn forward, and they couldn't stop. their lips pressed together, but only for a second. the two realized what they were doing, and quickly pulled back, embarrassed.

"i- um i'm going to go." camren finally sputtered out. she jumped up and ran into the house, grabbing salem on the way to her car. the two girls left quickly, leaving the boys there in surprise.

"what was that about?" jonah asked, after corbyn came back into the house.

"w-we kissed?"

-

wow yeah that happened

let me know of mistakes

✌︎︎➪