-five-

"ding dong!" zach yelled as he entered the bakery. he was the first of the five to walk though the door. the elderly couple in the store looked at him oddly, as they waited to get their dessert.

"zach. shut up." daniel scolded as he was next to enter. jonah and jack came inside too, and corbyn was last.

"here you are!" salem finished up with the couple's order, and handed it to them. "have a nice day!" she told them as they left.

"hello, lem!" zach said in an excited british accent.

"why are you so happy?" she raised an eyebrow and put the cash in its place in the register.

"this is his first time ever going to a bakery." jonah rolled his eyes. jack scanned the glass cabinets that held the delicious desserts.

"where's cam?" corbyn asked, slightly rubbing his hands together.

"she's in the back." salem pointed behind her with her thumb. corbyn nodded, but stayed put.

"go!" daniel whispered and shoved his forward. corbyn scowled, but went to find camren.

he found her in the back, mixing up another batch of something. her hair was all over the place, and her apron had chocolate and flour almost covering it. camren didn't notice the boy watching her.

"hey." corbyn cleared his throat after speaking.

"oh hi, corbs!" she looked up for a split second to see her friend. wiping her sticky hands on a dirty towel, she moved towards the sink and washed them. "so, what are you doing here?"

"zach has never been to a bakery before, and jack and daniel and him didn't even know you owned a bakery, so here we are." corbyn rambled on a bit, but paused. "and we should, um, probably talk about last night." he cleared his throat again.

"yeah." camren nodded and leaned against the counter. "we should."

there was silence in the kitchen for a minute. the two were too scared to say anything. they didn't want to make their friendship awkward.

"i like you." they both blurted out, making them laugh.

"you first." corbyn encouraged.

"no you go." camren shook her head. corbyn obliged, and spoke.

"well. i like you. like more than in a friend way." his eyes didn't meet hers, and stayed focused on the floor.

"me too." she nodded, looking at the floor as well.

"really?" corbyn's head shot up after hearing it.

"yeah." the two now locked eye contact, making them both blush and smile.

"well, um, should we just take it slow?" he asked raising an eyebrow and biting his lip.

"yeah probably." camren nodded again. "well i'm glad that's over with." she laughed a laugh of relief. corbyn laughed too.

"well, would you like to go out with me on friday?" corbyn asked, after they stopped laughing.

"no, i would love that." camren's straight face turned into a smile.

"shut up." corbyn rolled his eyes. he held his hand out, and the two did their handshake. they then heard daniel's voice from the other room.

"what's taking so long?"

-

yeah okay...mhm

let me know of mistakes

✌︎︎➪