-twenty-

corbyn sat at the side of the bed still. he had sat there all night. the boy didn't sleep, and he hardly ate. salem stayed there too, but eventually did fall asleep.

jonah went home to the why don't we house at about midnight. he couldn't comfort corbyn any more, even if he tried. the only thing that could help corbyn, was if camren woke up.

he just stared at her still body, watching her. corbyn took in her pale features. her perfect lips, her little freckles. she was beautiful to him, no matter what.

salem woke up and saw the fake blonde. he was just staring at camren. corbyn's face was expressionless, except for the simple tears running down his cheeks.

she silently got up, and walked over to him. his gaze didn't part from the girl in the hospital bed. salem hugged corbyn, just crying into his shoulder. finally, the boy took his eyes off camren, and cried into salem too.

no words were shared between the two, just tears and pain. they both felt that they could've prevented this from happening. salem and corbyn stayed in this embrace, just crying into each other. it seemed to help with the heartache.

"she really does love you, you know." salem whispered into his ear after all her tears had escaped her eyes.

"i know lemmy, and i really do love her." corbyn choked out. tears began to roll down his face again. he couldn't imagine life without camren, or any of his friends for that matter.

the two kept their embrace, but heard soft shuffling behind them. corbyn basically shoved salem away, so he could see camren.

the brunette girl was, in fact, starting to wake up. she let out a small cough, as she still had some smoke residue in her lungs. corbyn quickly grabbed camren's hand with both of his, and rubbed it with his thumb.

"water." camren chocked out. that led her into a coughing fit. salem quickly brought the pitcher of water over to camren's bed, and filled up a glass. she give it to her, and camren chugged it down quickly. "thank you." she smiled.

salem smiled back, just happy that her friend was okay. camren now turned to corbyn, who was grinning like a fool. she grinned back at him with the same goofy smile.

"hi." camren giggled.

"hi." corbyn whispered back. he continued to admire her features, and got lost in her dark brown eyes.

"did you miss me?" camren smiled again after a moment.

"yeah." corbyn pulled the girl into a tight up, afraid that if he let her go, she might be gone. "don't do that to me ever again."

"i won't corbyn." she hugged him tight too. "don't worry, i want you to be the last thing i see before i die."

"good." corbyn responded and continued hugging her. he kissed her hair, her cheek, her lips, he just kissed her. "i love you."

"and i love you."

"ewww pda."

-

i hate that ending but whatever

epilogue next but idk when it'll be out

let me know of mistakes

✌︎︎➪