3.

Olivia was still sitting next to Jasmin's bed.

I carefully closed the door behind me and walked towards her.

"Are you staying her tonight?" I asked as her.

She shook her head. "I can't, i have to work in the morning. I just wanted some time alone with Jasmin before i left."

"You don't really have a great relationship with your mom do you?"

She sighed."Yeah, i guess so. I just don't understand her. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years and she stilll ignores me."

I was beyond curious to find out what the reason behind her mother's behaviourn was but i didn't want make her feel uncomfortable. After all it wasn't my business.

She stood up and put her jacket on. "I'm going home, I'll try to visit agian tomorrow."

"Do you need a ride home?" I asked her as she was about to leave.

She shook her head. "I can walk, i only live 30 minutes away."

I pointed to the window, it was dark outiside and it was raining. "Are you sure? I don't mind giving you an ride."

She looked outside and then sighed. "Yeah, i guess i would prefer a ride home."

I smiled at her. "Follow me."

She hesitantly followed me to my car and stepped the front seat.

I could tell that she was a bit scared. I totally understood that, to her i was just a strange man who could be taking her anywhere.

"You're a waitress?" I asked as i pointed to her clothes.

She looked down at what she was wearing and let out a nervous laugh. "Yes, i am. I was working when the hospital called me so i didn't get to change clothes."

"Here left, my house is number 54 in this street." She said as she pointed to the street.

I stopped the car infront of her house. It looked like decent 2 story house. Not huge but big enough for a small family.

I waited for her to step out or atleast say something but she stayed frozen in her seat.

"Everything okay?" I asked a bit worried.

"Can i ask you something?" She asked soflty.

"Of course."

"How do you deliver bad news? Like what is the best way to tell my dad that my little sister is in the hospital."

"I think that the most important thing is to stay calm. A person could get angry or breakdown that's why it is to stay calm yourself."

She nodded and looked nervously to her house.

"Do you want me to come in to help you deliver the news to your dad?" I asked her in a calm tone.

She gave me an grateful smile. "If it's not any trouble."

"I'm happy to help." I replied with a smile.

We both got of the car and i followed her t the front door. Before she opened the door she turned to me with a serious face.

"I must warn you that my house is quite messy because i haven't had the time to clean it and my dad i kinda in a bad place right." She whispered to me.

I nodded understandably and followed her into her house when she opened the door.

The house looked messy but it still looked like it was pretty clean. It didn't look as bad as she made it sound.

I followed her into the livingroom where her dad was sitting on the couch.

Her dad was almost bald and had a small messy beard. He cup of coffee in his hand which kinda surprised me, i had expected him to drink beer or some other liquor.

I couldn't help but notice the huge scars that the man had on his arms. I now understood what Olivia meant when she said that her father was in a rough place.

I reached out the shake my hand. He quickly rolled his sleeves down and shook my hand. "Darron Westwood." He said in a deep voice.

"Dr Luke Hemmings."

I saw a moment of fear in his eyes when i said doctor but he shook it off.

He nodded and sat back down."I'm sorry for the mess, i didn't know that we would have company." He said in a embarrassed tone.

"Don't worry dad he won't be staying long. He just gave me a ride home from the hospital." Olivia said in a kind voice.

"Why were you in hospital?" He asked worried as he sat tensed in his chair.

Olivia looked to me, i gave her an reassuring nod.

She took a deep breath in grabbed her father's hands. "I got a call out work from the hospital. Jasmin had a car accident and i currently in the hospital."

The man put one hand infornt of his mouth as tears started to form in his eyes. "Will she be okay?"

"She's in a coma." Her voice cracked when she said that.

"I..i..excuse me." Her dad said before he stood up and left the livingroom.

Olivia didn't move and stared blank infront of her.

I layed my hand on her shoulder. "You did great, he just needs to process it."

She nodded as she looked at the ground. Seeing your parents cry is a difficult thing as a child.

"I'll walk you out." She said as she quickly whiped her tears away.

I took my business card out of my pocket and wrote my private number on the back. "In case you ever need me. No matter what you can text or call me."

She took the card from me and looked up at me with a smile on her face.

"Thank you for today." She said as she stood in the doorway.

"You're welcome and I'm serious if you need anything at all you can contact me." I said before i waved her goodbye.

She didn't close her door until i was in the car.

I sighed and started the car. I hoped that she would take my offer seriously, i didn't want her to deal with everything on her own.