23.

When i woke up it was 10 o'clock. I was surprised by my perfect timing and out of bed.

I planned on staying the entire day at the hospital today. I didn't have to work and i was too tired to hang out with Emma.

After i had packed my bag i went downstairs to be surprised by the fact that my dad was making breakfast.

Yesterday he was aksing me if he failed me as a dad and now he was making me pancakes with a smile on his face.

"How come your so happy today?" I asked him as i set down at the kitchentable.

He shrugged and layed a pancake on my plate. "Just felt like it."

"Here i got you something." He said as he put a small box infront of me.

I opened it and my grandma's old necklace revealed itself. Why would he give something like that to me?

"But it's yours." I said confused.

"And now it belongs you. I thought that it was time for you to have it."

He took it from my hands and put it around my neck.

"Thank you."

I finished breakfast and put my plate away.

"I'm gonna vist Jasmim, I'll be back around dinner."

"Shall i drop you off? I don't really have much else to do."

"Uhm, yeah i guess why not." I said startled by his comment.

The carride was silent but in an comfortable way. We both didn't mind the silence.

"You don't want to come inside?" I said when he stopped infront of the hospital.

He shook his head. "No i think  that I'm going to do stuff around the house.

"Alright, i love you."

"Love you more." He said with a smile before he drove off.

He genuinely confused me. He never was this, what's the right word, happy?"

A strange man accompanied my mom when i entered Jasmin's room.

"Who's he?" I asked slightly angry to her.

"This is my boyfriend, Pablo. He wanted to see how Jasmin was doing."

"You never told me that you had a boyfriend."

My mom laughed when i said that. "Why would i tell you, you're not even my daughter anymore."

I froze when she said that. It hurted to hear her say that even though i alresdy knew that.

"I can leave if you want." Pablo said to the both of us.

"No it's alright. We all deserve to see Jasmin."

"She's right." My mom said with a fake smile.

I sat down in the back of the room. Jasmin was sleeping so all i needed to do was keep an close eye on my mom and her boyfriend.

I couldn't care less if my mom had a boyfriend or not but i knew that Jasmin cares. So i wanted to see if he was a decent man.

After 30 minutes my mom left with Pablo. I could finally relax.

I took my laptop out of my backpack and went to work on an essay.

Suddenly Jasmin shifted in her bed. I looked at her and was greeted by her tired eyes.

"What are you doing?" She aksed curious.

"Working for school."

"Sounds boring, why don't you come play a game?"