11.

Everything was sore when i woke up. My head was swollen and hurted. My stupid ass didn't put ice on the bruises last night.

My dad was still snoring so i carefully tiptoed out of his room.

I walked to my room to take a shower and finally get out of these workclothes.

After i had showered i looked in the mirror to see how much damage was done.

I looked horrible, there was no way in hell that i was leaving the house today. Having an entire day focussed to school, myself and my dad didn't even sound to bad.

I went downstairs to grab some ice for my face and ribs.

There was mail. I hated mail becaus it was always bad news. I picked the letter up, last notice for the electricity bill. I sighed as i layed the letters on the pile.

I had trouble to keep up with everything lately. My dad's bank account was running empty and my salary wasn't enough to cover all the bills.

I just wished that we had made better agreements with my mom during the divorce.

She had totally screwed of over in my opinion. My dad wouldn't agree with me at the time but i think that he does now.

We had basically signed a paper that said that we are like completely strangers. My dad got to keep all his stuff and the house. They didn't have to pay each other anything.

But the worse thing of all was that nothing connected me to my sister or mother anymore. She had changed her last name and wasn't my legal guardian anymore. Not i wanted her to be but it still felt wrong. I didn't even know if it was legal.

The divorce just all happened so quick that nothing really hit me until a few months after it happend. When it was already to late to change anything.

I texted my boss that i wasn't coming im for work tonight because i was sick. I had never missed a day of work so he definitely took it serious when i said that i was sick.

Boss: I'm sorry to hear that, i hope you feel better soon. Pleas let me know on time if you're coming in tomorrow.

My boss was a very direct man but he had a big heart. He was the main reason that I didn't work someone else for more money.

I thought about going to the police station today to report what had happened but i didn't. They weren't even capable of finding my stolen bike so they wouldn't be able to help me now.

I put my phone in the charger and went to the basement.

I hadn't been down here for a very long time. It was the place where my dad used to paint and keep his art.

His art was still here but the happy vibe that used to come with them had left. It all looked depressing now.

I looked through his old pieces and prints in hope to find something that i could sell. I highly appreciated his art but i also liked to have hot water or light.

Eventually i found 2 pieces that didn't look that depressing and where actually finished. He used to make almost  a thousand dollara per painting but now they weren't worth much, mabye 100 each.

I carried the paintings upstairs and put them on ebay in the hope that they would sell soon.

As i was doing that a text from an unknown number popped up. Curious, i opened it.

Unknown: Heyy my name is Emma, I'm the girl with the asshole friends the other day. I wanted to talk to you in person today but you weren't there so your boss give me your phone number. I hope that's okay. I just wanted to say sorry for the behaviours of my friend, they just sometimessay stupid stuff that they shouldn't say . I hope that we can start again:)

I laughed when i read that. Did she really think that i wanted to have anything to do with her after what her friends did to me.

However there was always a chance that she didn't know what happend. I mean she wasn't there when it happened, it where just the 2 guys.

Now that i was thinking about it there where probably 3 guys. But i couldn't see the one that was behind the wheel.

But that was besides the point. It those people where her friends i wanted nothing to do with her.

I shut my phone off and walked to the kitchen to get some food for me and my dad.

After i had put the food down in my dad's room i went to my own and layed down on my bed. I had layed mutiple ice packs in my bed to stop any swelling.I wasn't planning on leaving this bed until it was the next morning.

I didn't lie when i said that I would stay in bed. It was 11 in the morning when i woke up. I had headache when stepped out of bed but the pain in my side was a lot less than before.

I stretched before i walked to the bathroom to see how bad i looked.

The swelling had gone down a bit but the bruises still looked the same. I still didn't look presentable but i already took yesterday off so i had no choice but to go to work today.

The few bruises that i had on my body were easily covered with clothing but my face was a bit more difficult.

It was at moments like this where i whished that i had make up. Even if i decitated to buy it now i wouldn't even know how to properly use it.

I brushed my hair and tried to cover as much of my face with my hair.

I sighed as i took one last look at myself. I just needed to smile and make up a good lie, then everything would be fine.