39.

We where playing monopoly until Luke's phone rang causing him to leave the room.

Jasmin looked me in the eyes when he left. "He's acting weird, dont you think?"

I gave her a nervous laugh. He wasn't the one acting weird, i was.

"Yeah you're right."

She nodded with a proud smile.

Luke opened the door but didn't walk in. Instead he gestured me to come to him.

"Olivia can i speak to you for a moment?" He aksed nervous.

Confused i stood up and walked to him.

"Did something happen to my dad?" I immediately aksed worried.

He shook his head. "No no, you're dad is still doing great."

I sighed relieved. "Then what's this about?"

"The police called, they want to talk to you."

I froze, i didn't want to talk to them. If i did thet would discover that all of this was my fault.

"Mutiple victim's have already spoken up but they say that it would really help if you would come in for questioning. Because you're...uhm... his most recent victim." He added after i remained silent.

Luke was trying his best to deliver the news with as much precaution as possible but it was kinda failing.

"Do i have to?" I asked.

He shook his head."Only if you feel comfortable enough to do so."

"I need some time to think about it. I'll let you know in a a few hours."

Luke had already asked me once to talk to the police but now it was the actual police who where asking me.

It was easy to avoid Luke but the police was going to be more difficult.

"That's okay, take all the time you need."

I went back to Jasmin's room and sat down next to her bed.

"Are you okay?" She asked after i remained quiet.

I snapped out of it and put my fake smile back on. "Of course, it was just school stuff. Nothing important."

"Mommy says that school is the most important thing in a child's life."

"Then she's wrong. There's much more to it and i can prove it."

"Probably best if you prove that some other time." Calum said from the door.

He had been standing there leaned against the doorframe for a couple of minutes without us noticing.

"Don't tell me that i have to rest again." Jasmin said grumpy.

Calum smiled and walked towards her. "Nope, it's time for your schoolwork. Your teacher is waiting for you."

I knew that there was a classroom in the hospital for the children here. But i was unaware of the fact the Jasmin had to go there.

"I'm too smart for school." She said with her arms crossed.

"I don't care if you are, you're still going."

She groaned. "Fine."

She got out of bed with dramatic movements. I couldn't help but smile when she did that.

Jasmin noticed that and continued to give her little tantrum. "I don't won't to go."

"You're going." Calum as he pushed her towards the door.

"Wait let me say goodbye to Olivia." She said once she was almost at the door.

Calum allowed it.

Jasmin ran back to me and hugged me. I didn't mind a hug from her, she made me feel safe.

"I love you, now go show him that you're to smart for school." I whispered in her ear.

Jasmin giggled when i said that and let me go. "I will, byeee."

She waved to me as Calum walked out of the room with her.

I stayed seated for a minute. It was a good idea to come here. She truly made me believe that everything was fine.

After a few minutes i got up and walked to Luke's office. I had thought about what he had said earlier to me.

I knocked and waited on his response.

"Come in." He mumbled.

I entered the room and closed the door behind me.

"Hey, what's up." He said with a smile as he put his pen down.

"I want to do it. I want to talk to the police."

He smile faded as he looked at me with a serious face.

"Are you sure?"  He asked.

"Yes, i am. I want him to pay for what he did."

"Alright, I'll call the police station."

I sat down on the couch as he called the police station.

I couldn't hear what the other on the line was saying which kinda stressed me out.

After a few minutes he hang up.

"And?" I aksed as he remained silent.

"They want to see you today."

"As in right now?"

He nodded. "Yes, it's better to just get it over with. The sooner the better."

He was right even though i didn't want him to be.

"You're right, the sooner the better."

Luke called his boss to tell that he was leaving early today which she didn't argue against.

Once in the car I turned the radio on so that i could clear my mind a little bit before we got there.

"Are you sure that you're comfortable doing this?" Luke aksed once we arrived at the police station.

I  nodded and stepped out of the car.

Luke followed behind. He told my name to the receptionist and i immediately was taken to the back while Luke stayed behind in the waiting room.

A kind woman guided me to the interrogate room.

"Wait here until the detective comes." She said with a smile.

I sat down in the small room and waited for the detective like she had said.

After a few minutes a middle aged man entered the room.

"Hello, im detective Cipher but you can call me John." He said as he entered the room.

"Do you need anything, a water or something?" He asked as he closed the door.

I shook my head.

The detective nodded and sat down opposite from me.

"The conversation is being recorded, are you okay with that?"

"Yes."

"Do you know why you're here?"

"Yes, i do."

"Before we start i want you to know that regardless of what you say Ellon Blair will face time in jail. We have enough evidence against him to put him away for a long time. We have his camera and multiple statements from his past victim's. But your story is also very important to us. That's why you're hear today."

"I understand that this is a difficult thing for you to talk about so if you need a break or anything you let me know, okay?"