[III] - Fun

The three of them entered the loud and colorful venue. Nanami's eyes lit up out of excitement. Her hopes overflowing off the chart.

"Let's get another plushie like last time, Nagito." Nanami tugged on his sleeve. "But this time, you don't have to win for me."

"Alright," he agreed, letting her drag him to the claw machine. Hajime follows.

They paid for their tokens and started playing the game Nanami suggests. Komaeda guesses that she probably needs more stuff to sleep with even though her bedroom is overflowing with plushies.

She was angrily trying to win a prize. It's her 2nd time, but there's no luck.

"Doesn't gaming require luck always?" Komaeda asked, crossing his arms and leaned on the machine.

Nanami groaned, seeing Komaeda's soft teasing smile.

Komaeda feels glad about knowing that he could beat someone on their ultimate in a way.

"Maybe we could also do gaming in my house, Hinata-Kun," Nanami suggested to her new friend. Komaeda forgot that he's still here with them.

"That'd be fun," Hajime said, giving her his best smile.

Komaeda thought that that was kinda cute. His hope showing he meant. But whatever, he's just an ordinary student. More boring than he is.

Nagito decided to give the claw machine a try. His option was to get the butterfly plushies because it's the symbol of hope. He was sure about his claw's position, pressing the button. Instead of getting the butterfly one, it grabbed the orange rubber duckie. Why is it even there it's not a plush?

"Just my luck," Komaeda muttered. He sighed as he grabbed the prize. He gave it to Nanami after.

"It's so cute, Nagito," Nanami complimented. "But it looks ugly and scary."

"I think it looks cute," Hajime objected. He petted it a little like it's real or something.

"If you like it, then you can have it," Komaeda said, stealing it from Nanami's hand and gave it to him.

His eyes showed happiness but a hint of hesitation. Komaeda seriously doesn't know what's up with his olive-green eyes. And why does he always look at them?

"Uhm... You shouldn't have. You won this..." He said, hesitantly giving it back to him.

Komaeda sighed again, taking it away from his hands. Hinata's face showed sadness, but he hid it right away. Nagito placed it in Hajime's front pocket. He quickly covered Hajime's mouth to stop him from denying.

Hajime's smile went back, thanking him. Komaeda doesn't get it. It's just a stupid duck. Why would it mean so much? Reserve course students are different and weird.

"Let's go and play games instead of being gay," Nanami said, pointing at some shooting game.

"Uhh... Don't use that phrase, Nanami," Komaeda said, feeling something on his cheeks. Not the butt cheeks but the cheeks on his face.

After a bunch of gaming and competition, they got a lot of tickets. It's also thanks to some of their ultimates being used during the process.

They bought stuff there using their tickets. Chiaki bought a tiny Tetris video slot thingy. Komaeda bought a four leafed clover since there was no other stuff that interests him. The three of them also bought Kazoo.

Nanami and Komaeda were checking out their stuff when Hajime finally arrived.

"No... Nothing interests me," Hajime said.

"We should've gone to Chuck e cheese. At least I'll get to see my beloved Chuk E there," Nanami said.

"Your what?"

They finally finished checking out their stuff. They put their remaining tickets on the card. Komaeda also had to carry the big teddy bear Chiaki bought using tickets. He insisted anyway.

"Why don't we take a picture? It'll be a memory of us hanging out with Hinata-Kun for the first time," Nanami suggested, pointing at the photo booth.

"I mean, sure?" Komaeda agreed cryptically.

They kazoo'd their way over there. Inside the photo booth were props to take pictures. They took a couple of pictures. Nanami wearing an eyepatch and a pirate hat, Komaeda smiling there, and Hajime wearing a long black wig.

Nanami didn't like the thought of Nagito not having a prop, so she gave him glasses and a rainbow wig. She wore a puppet on her arm, and Hajime is wearing a fedora hat. Komaeda thought that's adorable.

There was a timer in each shot, so they have to hurry on putting on the props. It was fun and really out of character for Komaeda, but he doesn't care.

At the end of the shot, they were all supposed to have a friend pose as Chiaki insisted. She made them wear flower crowns and added that they should side hug each other. Hajime was in the middle because he's a new recruiter, that's what Nanami said. Nagito thought that it's weird to side hug a reserve course student. He doesn't want to disappoint his best friend Chiaki, and he's starting to not mind because it's Hajime.

They were all ready. As the timer ran out, Chiaki went out of the shot by bending down to get her flower crown.

"That's unfortunate, but there's always next time," she said, going out of the booth.

Komaeda was starting to think that Chiaki did that on purpose so Hajime and him were the only ones in the shot. But he's probably just overthinking.

They all walked outside the arcade, feeling the hot and fresh air. The sun is starting to make its way to the other side of the world, and the moon is about to accompany them for the rest of the night.

"I had so much fun. Let's do this soon," Nanami smiled.

"I'd love to." Hajime agreed.

As much as Nagito doesn't want anyone seeing him hanging out with a reserve course student, he admits that he had fun at least.

"Yeah," he said unknowingly. He's already regretting it.

"Great! Let's start heading home." Nanami said.