[VII] - Debate Club

"Hey, Komaeda. Heard that you went through a lot of trouble to save Hinata-Kun's number," Souda teased first thing in the morning.

He and Kuzuryu shared a burst of laughter while Komaeda stood there regretting everything. Nanami told on him.

"Let's get married and adopt babies, Hinata-Kun. I love you more than hope!" Souda mocked with a high-pitched voice.

After a while of making fun of him, thankfully the conversation shifted.

"I found out that Tanaka-Kun works in an animal shelter as his part-time job. And you know what that means~" Souda said.

"Yes, and it's going to visit him with flowers and chocolates and kiss his cheek saying sweet romantic stuff," Komaeda teased. Payback for humiliating him for his decisions.

Kuzuryu burst out laughing.

"Stop pairing me up with my love rival! Miss Sonia is the one and only," Souda exclaimed. "I'm leaving."

"Hey, now," Kuzuryu followed him.

"I'll see you all tomorrow. I have to go with Nanami for today."

Komaeda and Nanami stood outside the club room again.

"Are you sure?" Komaeda whispered.

"You sound like those RPG games that if you click yes, something bad happens," Nanami said. "It's not like we're going to be here forever anyway."

"I heard that the debate club is difficult. Isn't maintaining our talent for the whole school year difficult enough?"

"Not for you, lucky boy. Stay unluckily lucky," Nanami said, patting his shoulder as she entered the room.

Komaeda hesitantly followed her. He thought... Debate club makes everyone's hopes shine. Siding with their argument and hopefully get through with this debate. It's a hopeful place... Especially when Naegi Makoto is in it. Komaeda joined the club. Oh... There's Hinata.

"Welcome, Nanami-san and Komaeda-Kun," Naegi greeted with a smile. He offered the snacks on the tray.

"You always serve stuff, Naegi-Kun. I won't be surprised if one day you wear a maid outfit and do the same thing," Nanami said, grabbing a Pocky from the tray.

Naegi's face heats up. "What...? Where do you get these ideas from?"

Togami peeked at them from his book.

"I'll be with Akamatsu-San and Naegi-San," Nanami pointed at the gaming corner.

Komaeda nodded. He watches her join her group of friends.

"Hey, marshmallow man!"

Komaeda turned in the direction of the voice. It was the guy who cried at the empty bottle of Panta. Imagine being remembered like that.

"Come play a game with us!" He invited cheerfully.

The options were to stand there or join them, Komaeda decided to join them.

The famous ultimate detective's apprentice... Or the SHSL Detective, Saihara Shuichi, sat beside the purple-haired boy, Followed by Hinata.

"I'm Komaeda Nagito. Nice to meet you," he introduced.

"Name's Ouma Kokichi! Just my last name is fine. The ultimate TALL Supreme Leader."

He held Saihara's shoulders and leaned to him. "Over here is my emo boyfriend, Saihara Shuichi."

"I'm not your boyfriend, Ouma. And I'm not emo." Saihara said with a soft blush on his cheek.

"Not your boyfriend... yet," Ouma said with a wink.

Saihara looked away. He looks like he's trying his best not to look flustered. "No," he denied, making Ouma pout.

"I will make an argument about this," Ouma said like it was a threat.

"I remind you a thousand times. Don't add lies. We need reliable sources," Saihara said.

"Hehe. Their feelings are pretty much debatable, right Komaeda-Kun?" Hinata nudged him a bit.

"Oh uh... Sure." Komaeda stammered. His cheeks on his face, not his butt heating up.

"Everyone. Let us hear the new arguments we're about to make here." Naegi announced.

Everyone stood on the desks that were forming a circle. The one debating stood in the center. Everyone received pens and papers.

Komaeda looked at his side to see Ouma doodling with his tongue sticking out. He looks very much focused.

Naegi Komaru stepped on the middle. She coughed to make her throat a bit okay. She fixed the papers and breathed in.

"Here's the argument on why girls are really pretty. Because they naturally are. That's it." She said.

"No, that's wrong!" Saihara objected.

Interesting.

"What about girls that are ugly?" He asked.

"Girls are pretty inside and out! If they're not pretty on the inside, they're pretty on the outside. Even the opposite of that," Akamatsu argued back.

"What about girls that are both ugly inside and out?" Ouma asked. "Like Iruma-Chan."

"That's not true!" Kadeem said in an angry tone.

"There's no such thing. Case closed," Naegi Komaru said, slamming the papers on Ouma's desk.

"This is boring! Imagine if we could have a trial or debate about something because of a murder that happened here in school!" Ouma exclaimed excitedly.

Everyone went silent.

"Anyone? No? You're all no fun!" He pouted, crossing his arms. "I at least expected my beloved Shumai to agree with me."

"Okay.................. Let's hear it for Hinata-Kun about... orange juices," Naegi read on his card with a confused face.

"Wait-??" Hajime was confused, but he stepped into the spotlight anyway. "Orange juice is healthy, so uhh... thatsitbye." He quickly went back to his desk, which made Komaeda chuckle. That was cute.

Nanami noticed her friend's smile. Komaeda noticed this, quickly hiding it away.

"Let's just go back to gaming," Togami sighed in defeat. "Our club is hopeless." He couldn't leave the club as he and Naegi started it anyway. Not that he's planning to.

And so the club members went back to just hanging out.