[XII] - Coward

"I hate you."

Hinata never doubted that sentence, not even just for a second. He didn't think that Komaeda would say it out loud. Now he feels more heartbroken than before. Just as he thought that things were working out between them, it was just hate after all.

Komaeda stared at the distance with his frown look. Hinata told him he hates him too. He's used to people telling hating him to the point it's repetitive and numbing, but this time, it hurts. It hurts so bad.

"I'm sorry. Thank you for everything, though, Hinata-Kun... See you around."

Komaeda looked at his phone. It's the third week of April. Never in his life would he feel like a month is an eternity.

"What did you do, Nagito?"

Komaeda looked down, meeting a pair of angry eyes from his friend Nanami. She held her hips with a scowl expression on her face.

"Oh uh... I ate ten bagels today. I'm sorry?" Komaeda answered.

It wasn't the response Nanami was looking for. "No! Why is Hajime ignoring me?" She exclaimed.

Komaeda tilted his head. The two of them are the only ones who cut ties. He didn't think Nanami would be in this.

"Did you say something embarrassing about me?" She asked, her fists ready.

"Now, why would I do that?"

Komaeda looked away, having nothing to do with the conversation anymore. Nanami's face softens. She noticed that her friend has been out of this world all day.

"Is something going on?" She asked.

Komaeda doesn't like lying that much. It's best to be honest, especially with his closest friend.

"Hinata-Kun and I both agreed that we hate each other and that we should stop being friends."

"Huh? Why? Don't you cheat on this bet," Nanami said.

"It's normal for Hinata-Kun to grow tired of me. Everybody does. You're the one that somehow tolerates me," Komaeda said.

"I don't think he got tired of you. I think that you pushed him away! And he understood the assignment," Nanami said suspiciously. "All I'm saying is that you don't have to! If you guys can talk your way through-"

"Nanami... I don't want to do this anymore." Komaeda interrupted. "Everyone should end up leaving me," He sighed, leaving the room.

Nanami stood there in annoyance. She furrowed her eyebrows in frustration. "Oh, I'll find a way. I'm the ultimate gamer, after all. I'll find a way to get over a narrow hole, just like in Pokemon."

Hinata clenched his fists, noticing the group of people that harassed him yesterday.

"You're not hanging out with your little group of ultimates?"

Hinata didn't answer. He ignored them by walking away. To his surprise, they left him alone just like how he wanted them to do.

He looked at the main course building ahead of him. It looks so big and lively. All the ultimates gathered around being amazing. Hinata wishes he could be that way.

Komaeda got dragged in the Debate Club by Nanami. Everyone looked at him in surprise. They gathered around and welcomed him back into the club.

Just as everyone was greeting him, he noticed that his second favorite brunette isn't here.

"Welcome back, Komaeda-Ku--senpai," Naegi greeted.

"Please, call me Komaeda," he said shyly.

Naegi looked around for the signs of Hinata. He crossed him out of the attendance list. He met Komaeda's eyes staring at him. Naegi looked like he was about to ask a question but dropped it.

"Nanami-San!" Akamatsu waved at her, and we went to where she was. "I heard that Sonia-San is having a party. Can we come?" She asked as her eyes lit up with that idea.

"She told us to invite as many people as possible so you can," the pinkette answered.

Akamatsu squealed with joy. "Maybe I could ask Maizono-san, Kuwata-kun, Mioda-san, and others to perform!"

"That would be a great idea," Nanami smiled. "I can play the triangle."

"I'll play the crash cymbals," Ouma interjected.

Akamatsu looked at him and rolled her eyes, followed by a sigh. "Ouma-Kun, we are not a band."

"You are, you are!"

"Not that type!"

"I will crash at your performance," Ouma said as he finger gunned Akamatsu and winked at her. Akamatsu sighed, averting her eyes from him.

Ouma shrugged, returning his attention to Saihara. "Saihara-chan! Saihara-Chan!" He called childishly. "Are you a cymbal? Because I have a giant crash on you."

"I wanna die," Saihara said, earning a laugh from everyone except for Ouma and Togami.

"You're so mean!" He exclaimed.

"Hey, guys. Summer break is starting right before Sonia's birthday. Do you have any plans?" Nanami started up a topic.

"Umm, I was planning to..."

Komaeda spaced out after the question. He doesn't have any plans and he's not interested to hear their plans.

The party is going to be on Saturday. He started to worry because he doesn't have a gift nor he knows what to gift.

The next day, Souda approached the luckster after school. He joined him on his journey on walking to his quiet home.

"Do I need to wear a tux? Or can I just show in my slider?" Souda said in panic.

"Oh, hi, Kuzuryu-Kun. What are you doing here?" Komaeda asked the Ultimate Yakuza, who was talking to a bush. He was startled by the lucky boy's greeting, putting on his grumpy posture shortly after.

"That's none of your damn business," He said in a scowl.

"I don't have any spare clothes! Unless we can go to Miss Sonia's party wearing a uniform," The pinkette continued panicking.

"You could," Komaeda agreed.

"No! I couldn't!" Souda interrupted. "I don't want to look like that on her special day!"

Komaeda felt his tie tightened because of Souda yanking it. He grabbed his shoulders, shaking him back and forth. "Help me out, dude!"

"Knock it off, Souda. Let's go and buy you clothes," Kuzuryu suggested.

Souda's antics quickly stopped in a millisecond. He was about to scold Kuzuryu when he raised his hand causing the pinkette to shut his mouth. "I'll pay," he said, already regretting everything.

In an instant, Souda's eyes sparkled, and because of that. Because of his bursting hope, he blinded the two individuals.

"Let's go!" Kuzuryu chirped.

Komaeda wrapped the present he bought for Sonia neatly. He placed it on his desk temporarily.

He crashed his head on the pillow, looking at the plain ceiling. Speaking of plain, he misses that boy so much. He hates how he makes his life decision.

If Komaeda was born without having the good and bad luck cycle, would he accept Hinata fully and never have to be afraid of losing him?